Angelini, Costantino, Orazio, DiGuldi

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
LoralDojo
Rookie
Rookie

Angelini, Costantino, Orazio, DiGuldi

Post by LoralDojo »

Ok Peter I know you are out there and you will tell me the easier way to do this, but I am gonna try the needle in the haystack trick first..By the by I am about to get desperate on the Abruzzi side of the family and actually start writing letters to Italy.

Here goes...
Basilio Costantino (1870) married Filomena DiGuldi (1874) in 1898 and then resided in Ascoli Piceno, Marche, Italy where they had four children: Pasqua, Ermelinda (Linda), Giovanna (Jenny) and Luigi.

Amedio Angelini (1868) married Domenica Orazio (1874) in 1892 and resided in Ascoli Piceno, Marche, Italy and had 10 children: Nazzareno, Tommasso (who may have been blind), Pasqualina, Maria, Luigi, Lorenzo, Giulio, Josephina (more likely Giussepina), Mario, and Concetta.

Nazzareno (1895) went to Philadelphia around 1916 and also served in WWI in the US Army...he then returned to Ascoli Piceno around 1926 and married Giovanna Costantino (some say 1907 and I say 1905) in 1926 and they returned to Philadelphia and had three children: Duilio Louis (1927), Theresa, and (Re)Gina.

Duilio married Mary Jane Giacchetti and had six children: Lucy, Joanne, Regina (1956), Duilio Louis, Jr., Mary Ann, and Frank.

Regina married David De Loggio (formerly Dellaloggia) and had three children: David (not jr), Loreen (myself 1977) and Adam.

Maybe someone out there is my Marchessan cousin...

Lori

PS My thanks to my great aunt Gina for fishing up the family tree produced by her son for a high school project in 1975.
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

It sounds like a telephone directory would be the best way to start with all those names. Go to www.paginebianche.it for Ascoli Piceno and put in all the names then go to www.white pages for the rest in the USA andperhaps if you go to www. elenco.libero.it for the name disyribtuion in Italy for both first and last names. If the shoe fits write them. Peter
LoralDojo
Rookie
Rookie

Post by LoralDojo »

Now Peter you know I have to wait until it is painfully obvious nobody is going to recognize any of these names before I send letters internationally.

By the way, I did try to send some e-mails to people named Della Loggia...one guy answered me that he doesn't have a clue what I am talking about. I would like to write back to him in Italian. Unfortunately my bookmark doesn't seem to be bringing up an english-italian translator for me anymore. Can you remind me of what that website is called that will translate my poor english into poor italian?

Lori
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

why not ask a nearby school treacher who teaches italian in a high school or university. It may pay to havea language school write a short letter for you. I believe the website is babelfish.com for one of those websites you mentioned....."the hill I go up"". Peter
LoralDojo
Rookie
Rookie

Post by LoralDojo »

Peter,

You suggested, "why not ask a nearby school treacher who teaches italian in a high school or university"

Um. I don't even want to go to the post office to have my letters weighed for international postage. I have resorted to international spam. I sure don't want to track down an Italian language teacher....if one even exists here. (One does not exist at my college, nor at the junior college.) Actually, I live in a small city in the south, and I am not confident that such a course exists in the metropolitan area. I would probably have to go as far as Atlanta for such a resource. But hey, a good recommendation to an energetic person.

Thanks for the site name.

Lori
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

Go to www.freetranslation.com for fast professional translationm at low rates. Peter
LoralDojo
Rookie
Rookie

Post by LoralDojo »

Peter,

Now you're talking my language...:)

Thanks.

Lori
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

keep me posted. Peter
LoralDojo
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Angelini, Costantino, Orazio, DiGuldi

Post by LoralDojo »

well here i am again

i'm renewing my search
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

I am here/ Peter
LoralDojo
Rookie
Rookie

Post by LoralDojo »

Ok I am bumping myself in case I can catch any fish on my surname hook. Not serious serious yet.... still busy with school. But if any of these are one of your last names I'd love your kernel of info for future reference.

Lori
LoralDojo
Rookie
Rookie

Post by LoralDojo »

re bump
sparknut

Post by sparknut »

I have ancestors from this region of Italy with Angelini last name. It was changed to Angeline whe he came to America. I haven't really researched them too far just for the simple fact I don't know Italian. Here is a link to my tree http://home.comcast.net/~sparknut/findex1.htm.

My G-Grandfather John Angeline (Angelini) came to america and married his wife Madeline DiStefano also italian. She was born in Philly.
LoralDojo
Rookie
Rookie

Post by LoralDojo »

Hi peter just bumping my names
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

Go to http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwi ... earch.html and after youi read this you can get back to me with inquiries. =Peter=
~Peter~