Dilluvio/Delisi family

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
VaDeb
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Dilluvio/Delisi family

Post by VaDeb »

That is another one of those FREE websites. If you know your ancestor is from that area it can be a great resource.

Debbie
vj
Master
Master

Post by vj »

William, a different generation of Delisi, or the correct one? Valarie

possible 1913 manifest
page 2
8 Jul 1913 SS Moltke Palermo to NY
lines 5-8
Giuseppe DeLisi, 46 (abt 1867)
- married
- proprietor
- last residence Borgetto
- in Borgetto brother Vincenzo
- destination New York, NY
- joining wife Pietra? Delisi at 411 E 63rd St
- born in Borgetto
daughter Rosalia, 22 (abt 1891)
daughter Maddalena, 18 (abt 1895)
- possible naturalization information
daughter Francesca, 15 (abt 1898)
dilluvio

Post by dilluvio »

Thank you all....the 1930 census has them all...living in the same apartment building on 63rd St. in Manhattan. My grandmother, Giovanna (named Jenny in the census) was there as well with my aunt Margaret, and my father (William, really Vito) but as they told me, they wanted him to be fully "Americanized"...he would later change his name back to Vito thank goodness! The only grand uncle not accounted for is Salvatore "Turrido" who most likely had passed by then. The other earlier Delisi's may be related but I am not sure. I cannot find much about my Grandmother's father...Gaspare Delisi (I think)...his wife my great Grandmother was Margherita Delisi (Polizzi)...??
vj
Master
Master

Post by vj »

early manifest? a visit?
can't decipher son's last name...
traveling with Galati?
maybe not :wink:

possible 1904 manifest
13 Apr 1904 SS Victoria Palermo to NY
line 27
Margherita Poliszi, 51 (abt 1853)
- widow
- last residence Borgetto
- joining son Salvatore ??? at 330 E 63rd St
vj
Master
Master

Post by vj »

Delisi Family

If Margherita Polizzi? Delisi came to the
US. Do you have her on a census?

from the IGG Site

Surname/ Given Name/ Age/ Month/ Day/ Year/ Certificate Number/ County
Delisi Margareta 74 y Mar 12 1929 7998 Manhattan
(born abt 1855)
Form for requesting death record
Pipina

Agnello/Filangeri

Post by Pipina »

Anyone who has family from Borgetto or Montelepre? My grandparents were from those two towns in Sicily
Pipina

Post by Pipina »

:lol:My family was from Borgetto, My grandfather Benedetto Agnello came in 1911 and resided at 328 E. 63rd Street. Just an FYI, 63rd to 68th Street between 1st and 2nd Avenue in NYC was little Borgetto.
sxp215

Post by sxp215 »

My family is from Borgetto too. I'm interested in finding out more about the Petruso and Frisina families from that town. If anyone has any connection, I'd love to hear. My great-grandfather, Francesco, came to NYC in 1903, and his soon to be wife Marianna Frisina came over in 1906. My great grandfather lived at 1149 1st Ave. It's so interesting to know that was "Little Borgetto!" I stopped in front of the building a few years ago when I was in NYC. I hope to visit Borgetto soon!
Pipina

Post by Pipina »

:) We have some very close friends named Frisina..they are from Borgetto and came to NY in the early 60's..I am sure they are related to your grandparents. They are also first cousins with the Randazzo's - also from Borgetto..if you would like I can do a little research on Marianna Frisina to see if she is related to our friends...if you read this forum someone mentions a website with pictures of old NY..or should I say "new Borgetto" The pictures are facinating - they are from the 1930's and it's our grandparent's buildings...can't help but wonder if some of the faces maybe our relatives.
sxp215

Post by sxp215 »

Thank you! That would be great. I know Marianna came over with some other relatives who all eventually settled in Meadville, PA. It must have been the other "happening place" for people from Borgetto, because we have Randazzo's there too! (Though I don't know any personally). Sadly, Marianna died at only 30 and her obituary mentions her brother Joe. Her father's name was Antonino and mother's was Guiseppa (Sceri); I have no evidence that they ever left Borgetto.

And I looked at the pictures. They're fantastic; what fun!
Pipina

Post by Pipina »

sxp215 wrote:Thank you! That would be great. I know Marianna came over with some other relatives who all eventually settled in Meadville, PA. It must have been the other "happening place" for people from Borgetto, because we have Randazzo's there too! (Though I don't know any personally). Sadly, Marianna died at only 30 and her obituary mentions her brother Joe. Her father's name was Antonino and mother's was Guiseppa (Sceri); I have no evidence that they ever left Borgetto.

And I looked at the pictures. They're fantastic; what fun!
The Frisina I know is Joe..it's a possibility that her brother Joe..maybe my friends grandfather. I have emailed them and I am awaiting their reply.
Pipina

Post by Pipina »

I have contacted the Frisina family..it's a very stong possibility that they are the same family. Since you mentioned that Marianna's brother was named Joe..my friend is Joe..so it's a possibility that it may have been his grandfather or perhaps a great grandfather or uncle.. I await their reply. I am not sure how popular a name Frisina is.

I am glad you enjoyed those photos. I forwarded them onto my cousins..they too wondered if anyone in the photo's were our relatives.
madelinetice

Post by madelinetice »

My father's name was Settimo Dilluvio and his name was also Sam. He came from Borgetto Italy. His father's name was Joseph dilluvio. My grandfather and my father were barbers. We lived in New York City. My grandmother's name was Magdalena. My name is Madeline. My father had one brother, and 4 sisters.
madelinetice

Post by madelinetice »

Let me know if there is any connection-
madelinetice

Post by madelinetice »

vj wrote:Interesting 1925 New York Direcory Listings

Delisi Vincent (DeLisi & Dillunvio)
1115 1st Av

Delisi & Dilluvio (Vincent & Antonio DeLisi,
Settimo Dilluvio) macaroni, 1115, 1st Av