HOW CAN I FIND WERE MY GREAT GRANDFATHER WAS BORN IN ITALY?

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
bernarda

HOW CAN I FIND WERE MY GREAT GRANDFATHER WAS BORN IN ITALY?

Post by bernarda »

:( I HAVE ALL MOST ALL HIS INFORMATION :

NAME LUIS DOLLERA PINASCO
YEAR OF BIRTH 1837
MOTHER MARIA PINASCO
FATHER DOMINGO DOLLERA
SPOUSE ANGELA LAGORIO

I HAVE INVESTIGATED THE SURNAME AND FOR SURE HE WAS BORN IN THE LIGURIA BUT FROM THEN I DON´T KNOW WHAT TO DO. I HAVE SEARCHED ON THE PASSENGER´S LISTS OF THE BOATS BUT THEY USED TO REGISTER THE ONLY THE COUNTRY BUT NOT THE CITY OR TOWN WERE THEY COME FROM. THEY IMMIGRATE TO ARGENTINA AND I HAVE THE DEFUNCTION CERTIFICATES, AND BIRTH, MARRIAGE & DEATH CERTIFICATE OF ALL, BUT I AM MISSING THE BIRTH CERTIFICATE FROM ITALY.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP.
ricbru
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: HOW CAN I FIND WERE MY GREAT GRANDFATHER WAS BORN IN ITA

Post by ricbru »

Hello
after a little research I can understand that the last name of "Dollera" is found only in the town of Moneglia (province of Genova)
So I suggest you to contact these churches

Reverendo padre
S. Croce
Via V. Emanuele, 147, 16030 Moneglia (GE)
Italy

Reverend padre
S. Giorgio
Via F.lli Botto, 15, 16030 Moneglia (GE)
Italy

Reverendo padre
S. Saturnino
Via S. Saturnino, 23, 16030 Moneglia (GE)
Italy

I hope it helps,
bye Riccardo
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

the right italian spell is DALLERA.... Dollera is a mistaken version so it remained in the time, but I believe that is no your right surname spell..

Pinasco and Lagorio as also Dallera are surnames with so large presence in all Liguria region, so it is impossible to say with precision where they came from.. if you can to say us the immigration year of your ancestors .. maybe we can help you with a search in Liste di leva( militar service) in the Liguria's Archives, that it could be very helpful for to find the right birth place.. also you can to follow the suggestion of ricbru friend, best regards, suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
bernarda

Post by bernarda »

Riccardo,

Thank you so much for your help!!!! You don´t know what this information means to me. I will contact the 3 churches and go on with my search. Can you believe I was willing to go to Genova for search? I will still go to know were I come from....

Onece again thank you,

Bernarda
bernarda

Post by bernarda »

Dear suanj

Thank you for your recomendation! I am certain that the surname Dollera is correct there are some Dollera´s still in italy as in USA and Argentina. The year of immigration is before 1870, but I don´t have the information :( . I know this because his first son was born in argentina 1870.

Thank you

bernarda
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Hi Bernarda,
in foreign countries the italian surname spell is wrong, normally... for exemple from
Registros parroquiales, 1859-1886 Iglesia Católica. Inmaculada Concepción de Belgrano (Belgrano, Distrito Federal)
the Luis surname is Dolera (1 L), and of Angela is Lagori
Maria Luisa Clotilde Dolera
Female

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Event(s):
Birth: 04 MAR 1880

Christening: 30 MAY 1880 Inmaculada Concepcion De Belgrano,Buenos Aires,Distrito Federal, , , Argentina

Death:
Burial:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Parents:
Father: Luis Dolera Family
Mother: Angela Lagori
however i wish your search's success! good luck, suanj

Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
bernarda

Post by bernarda »

Dear Suanj

Thank you for the advice... in fact the information you gave me is correct what I am trying to find is the birth place for Luis Dollera Pinasco since I am bringing from Argentina the certificates of his decendants. Certificates of birth, marriage & death, but in this certificates the only register of Luis Dollera is that he is italian there is not a register that tell were he was borned in Italiy.

Please help me!! :D

Bernarda
bernarda

Post by bernarda »

:( :( Dear Suanj & Riccardo,

As Suanj confirmed there could be a mistake on the spelling of my surname Dollera as I allways knew it for Dolera. I have looked for Dolera on the paginebianche but it results that Dolera with one L is all around Italy.

Still I am gonna try with the Priests of Moneglia today I am sending letters, but still I think that it might not be the right answer if the spelling is incorrect.

I am so sad.....
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Dear bernarda, is easy to think that the surname could be Dallera, Pinasco and Lagorio are right... only in Genova archive it are the Liste di leva pertaining the birthyears interesting for your ancestor.. they have no the index... from 1815 to 1860:
"Consiglio provinciale di leva, regg. 70 ca. (classi 1815-1860,
con docc. dal 1792). Non ordinato."
unfortunately in liguria, as in all north Italy the civil records starting abt 1871, and before only the church records; in some case it are the church records in Liguria archive( La Spezia province if I remember very well), the your search as all search it must be made with logic sense; so it is necessary before to descover almost the right province, and after to think what Common it is probable as birthplace.... I don't know what let you think that your ancestor came from Liguria, because the surnames could be of some other region of Italy; in any case if you sure as Liguria region probable birth region, it is necessary to find the province... otherwise it is impossible... personally I think that Genova area could be probable; Pinasco could be of Cogorno town and also Lagorio... as always in this search the women surnames( Pinasco and Lagorio) it are the key of search...
You can ask a search in the Liste di leva of Genova province; here the address and the email:

http://www.archivi.beniculturali.it/ASGE/asge.htm
maybe they can find the militar service card of your Luigi(Luis).. regards, suanj

Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
bernarda

Post by bernarda »

Dear Suanj

Thak you for the information definately I am using it, I all ready send an email to the register di leva that you gave me I hope they answer. As for the Register in Genova Comune the following is what they told me:

RISPONDE L'UFFICIO "ARCHIVIO DI STATO CIVILE" DEL COMUNE DI GENOVA ,
COMPETENTE PER RICERCHE ATTI DI NASCITA, MATRIMONIO E MORTE A PARTIRE DAL
1866:
NON RISULTA, NEL COMUNE DI GENOVA TRA IL 1866/1875, L'ATTO DI MATRIMONIO
TRA DOLLERA LUIGI E LAGORIO ANGELA.
PER ULTERIORI RICERCHE DEVE INDICARE L'EPOCA PRECISA DEL MATRIMONIO. QUANDO
E' NATO IL PRIMO FIGLIO?
(rispondere a e-mail statocivile@comune.genova.it

Pherhaps they dón´t belong to Genova?

I did a little research on the paginebianche of the 3 surnames allmost all the Lagorios, Pinasco & Dollera were from Genova that is why I think we might come from the Liguria.

Regards

Bernarda
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Hi Bernarda, the Office wish to know where are born the first child, and maybe, I think in Argentina... the marriage don't result from 1866 to 1875... now waiting the Genova archive reply, you can search (if again don't searched) the records abt Luis and Angela baptism's children, maybe you can find some trace; the records could be here:

NTRA. SRA. DE LA INMACULADA CONCEPCIÓN (CENTRO)
53 LIBROS DE BAUTISMOS ENTRE LOS AÑOS 1858 Y 1885 NUMERADOS DEL 25 AL 79
24 LIBROS DE MATRIMONIOS " " " 1858 Y 1885 " DEL 470 AL 493
35 LIBROS DE DEFUNCIÓNES " " " 1858 Y 1883 " DEL 727 AL 761
Faltan los tomos 26 y 27 de bautismos y 481 de matrimonios
-------------------------
In any case
-the Pinasco emigrated in Argentina they came from: Cogorno, Genova, Lavagna and however in some part of Genova province also...

-the Lagorio came from Crocefieschi, and Genova, and in some other common.....

-The Dallera from Genova area and from Mezzana Bigli( Pavia)...

so it is right to think that your ancestors also came from Genova area as already saying and the right key for to find something is by liste di leva... always if the archive find it... no other way it is available..... regards, suanj

Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
bernarda

Post by bernarda »

Dear Suanj

Once again thank you!!! I will write to the comune of all the towns you gaved me, my brohter in law is in Argentina and I hope that with the certificates he can bring some new information. I will ask him to go to Zarate´s Church del Carmen where for sure there are the baptism, marriage, etc. certificates for my relatives.

I all ready wrote to the liste di levi I hope they can find some information I will keep in contact.

Bernarda
pattilynn

Post by pattilynn »

Hello, Have you looked in Reppia? These names occur there. Could Dollera be Dondero??