i need help

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
SebaCaffini

i need help

Post by SebaCaffini »

Perhaps it would be a good idea, if you have the exact data about date and town of birth of your ancestor, to wrtie a letter to the \"Sindaco\" (major) of the \"Comune\" (town) and ask for a copy of your ancestor\'s birth registers; thus you could learn who his parents were. Other alternative would be to search your ancestor\'s surname in the Italian white pages (www.paginebianche.it) and find out how many people with his surname still live in Campobasso, then you could try writing a letter to each of them asking if they have any realtion to your ancestor. It sounds odd, sure, but I know this method worked for some people, especially if we\'re talking about a little town.
<BR>Good luck!
Sebastián Caffini
Buenos Aires, Argentina
ptimber
Master
Master

i need help

Post by ptimber »

If you know the full name and approximate year of birth then you can write to the Ufficio di tato Civile in Campobasso. Are you sure Campobasso is the town of origin or did he live in the province of Campobasso?? Peter
JohnArmellino
Master
Master

Post by JohnArmellino »

I have a Petti branch in my family tree that originated in the Comune of Oratino in the Province of Campobasso, to wit: my 3ggm Maria Colomba Petti (1811†1874) < Vincenzo Petti (c.1777†1837) < Periteo Petti (c.1751†1803) < Gennaro Petti. I also have some data on the Petti family that originated in Comune of Campobasso itself. If you discover that your family came from either of these comunes, please feel free to contact me, as I may be able to help. Good luck!
John Armellino
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Hi: Petti surname is very diffused in Campobasso province(also Petta) I live in Campobasso province! Greater details are necessary for to help to you...
:roll: suanj
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

Ben arrivato. Finalmente. Peter
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Thx..thx...thx...grazie ...grazie..grazie...wowww
:lol: suanj