[b]Sanzo/Sanzotera/Sanzottera/Cucchi[/b]

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
bodecia

[b]Sanzo/Sanzotera/Sanzottera/Cucchi[/b]

Post by bodecia »

I am looking for any information on the surnames of Sanzottera/Cucchi. Also I am looking for information on the following people: Roberto Sanzotera was married to Maria Cucchi. She came to America from Italy. They settled in Missouri. They have six children. Also looking for information on Maria Cucchi. Her parents were Therasa (Caloia) and Guiseppe Cucchi. Any help would be appreciated and thank you. I have a bit more info if anyone can help me. Sanzotera seems to be rare.
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

There are no persons in Italy at this prresent time with the surname SANZATERA or SANZATERRA. Three SANZATERRA enetered the USA at different times thru NYC at Ellis Island. There are 1600 Cucchi residing in Italy at this present time and 11 entered the USA. You may wish to go to www.ellisisland.org and review these listings of Sanzaterra and Cucchi. I will not reply further on this posting but will use your fisrt posting imn the future so please do not respond here but go to the first one. Peter
bodecia

Post by bodecia »

Peter,

I found Robert Sanzotera's obit. He died on November 30, 1945 in St. Louis. The thing that surprised me was that it came up as Sanzotera, Guiseppe A. "Robert" 11/30. There was nothing else. I will have to go to St. Louis to get the info off of microfilm. So, could this Guiseppe aka "Robert" be the same Robert I am looking for? I have the names of his children and something has me stumped. If he came over in 1905, yet his daughter Mary, was born in 1898. Could her birthdate be wrong or am I back to square one? The next child born was Caesare, born 2-4-08. This is confusing and thank you for helping me. :?: :?
bodecia

Re: [b]Sanzo/Sanzotera/Sanzottera/Cucchi[/b]

Post by bodecia »

bodecia wrote:I am looking for any information on the surnames of Sanzottera/Cucchi. Also I am looking for information on the following people: Roberto Sanzotera was married to Maria Cucchi. She came to America from Italy. They settled in Missouri. They have six children. Also looking for information on Maria Cucchi. Her parents were Therasa (Caloia) and Guiseppe Cucchi. Any help would be appreciated and thank you. I have a bit more info if anyone can help me. Sanzotera seems to be rare.
Also, this Enrico Sanzottera, who went to St. Louis in 1905, could he have changed his name to Nico or Nick Sanzottera? Robert had two brothers named Nico and Pualo.
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

who knows? Peter
regina
Rookie
Rookie

Re: [b]Sanzo/Sanzotera/Sanzottera/Cucchi[/b]

Post by regina »

Maria Cucchi sailed from Le Havre (France) aboard La Savoie arriving November 17, 1906 at Ellis Island. She was single, 18 years old, 5'2" tall with a fair complexion, fair hair and blue eyes. She was born and last resided in Cuggiono (Milan province). She came to America to join her brother, Fiorello Cucchi, in St. Louis.

The ship's manifest is not properly linked to Maria's name at the Ellis Island website. To see the manifest, go to this website:

http://www.stevemorse.org/

Click on the link that says "Missing Manifests". Put in November 16, 1906 for the month, day and year. (This is the starting date of this microfilm roll.) In the box that says "Frame", type 247. Then click the DISPLAY button. Maria is on line 16.

Fiorello himself had only arrived on May 25, 1906. He was going to join his sister, Rosa, in St. Louis. At some point, Fiorello went back to Italy, because he returned to the U.S. on April 12, 1912. He left behind in Cuggiono his father, Giuseppe Cucchi, and was going to join his brother-in-law, Giovanni Colombo, in St. Louis.

The Historical Museum of Cuggiono has some wonderful old photographs online. Check out the "Gallery" link at:
http://www.cuggiono.org/e_home.html

A lot of people immigrated to St. Louis from Cuggiono, and there is a website dedicated to them at:
http://www.angelfire.com/mo3/cuggiono/p ... /Hill.html

You will also find many Sanzotera and a few Cucchi listed in the online database of burials maintained by the Catholic Archdiocese of St. Louis. Be sure to use a soundex, rather than an exact, search since you will find the surname spelled SANSATERA, SANSOTERA, SANZOTERA, SANZOTERRA, SANZOTTERA, ZANZOTERRA, etc.
http://www.stlcathcem.com/

Good luck with your research.

Regina Gualco
Northern Italy Genealogy Discussion List
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ItalyNW/
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

Dear Bodecia Regina did a bang up job and we must commedn here for her efforts. I am sure this will provide you with more information that you anticipated. Regina is a remarkable genealogist and consider yourself lucky to have her assistance. Peter
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

Dear Bodecia Regina did a bang up job and we must commedn here for her efforts. I am sure this will provide you with more information that you anticipated. Regina is a remarkable genealogist and consider yourself lucky to have her assistance. Peter