I received this reply in Italian

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
drovedo
Veteran
Veteran

I received this reply in Italian

Post by drovedo »

"Per il rilascio del certificato a nome di suo nonno, la prego di specificare il nome e cognome dello stesso e considerato che è nato tra il 1892-1900, indichi la paternità e la maternità.

La sua richiesta, ricevuta in data odierna, tramite fotocopia telefonica è troppo generica e pertanto non è possibile dar corso alla stessa.
Rimango a disposizione e porgo distinti saluti.
"

Are they refusing my request totally? Or do they just want me to write them an Actual Letter instead of fax or email? Any suggestions?

I faxed the commune requesting three certified birth certs. for three separate entries. There are only three entries for my grandfather's name, all the same year.
Poipuo4
Elite
Elite

Re: I received this reply in Italian

Post by Poipuo4 »

I am only taking beginner's Italian, but I think that your request was too generic and they need more information. Did you give them the first and last names of your grandfather's parents?
http://www.celenzaheritage.com

dedicated to the people of Celenza Valfortore, Province of Foggia
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

No no Drovedo, they said that for to have the certificate of your grandfather you must to specifier the complete name of your ancestor and because he it is born between 1892 and 1900 you must to say almost the name father and name mother of your ancestor, because your request was so much generic and they cannot to satisfy you, they need of the data and sure because almost the name (and father name when in the Common it are a so much rilevance of a surname) ......... regards, suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
drovedo
Veteran
Veteran

Post by drovedo »

Thank you! I appreciate the explanation. I'm sending the commune a copy of the page of Birth index of commune for the entire decade which refers to my grandfather's last name. There are only three full names matching my grandfather's name and all are in 1895.