Argento

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
lgargento

Argento

Post by lgargento »

I am looking for information regarding the Argento or Lauria family from Palermo Sicily. My father Luigi may have been in the Italian military in WWI. My mother's name was Concetta.
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

All records and documents are in the town of origin in Italy. The only exception is for military records which are made public after 75 years at the provincial level. Currently there are 929 Argento surnamed persons in all of Italy with 108 in the province of Palermo, Sicily and in the city of Palermo there are 83 with the remaining 25 in 11 other villages in the province of Palermo. There are also 2,035 Lauria in Italy with 60 Laria surnamed persons in the province of Palermo with 54 in the city of Palermo and the remaining 6 in 4 other villages in the province.

If you know for certain that your fam,ily Argento and Laria come from the city of Palermo then you can search for records there. If they come from the province of Palermo then you will need to go to these villages. Please let me know what you know. If you are uncertain then perhaps knowing your fathers full name and date of birth can help you obtain pertinent information from the provincial miliatry records. Please let me know. Peter
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

I mistyped Lauria for laria. sorry. Peter