Can you help me with my letter to Italy?

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
sg12

Can you help me with my letter to Italy?

Post by sg12 »

This is a letter thanking for the previous certificate sent and requesting a certificate for my great great grandfather's family certificate. Is my Italian correct?

Vorrei ringraziarvi per la vostra cortesia nell'inviarmi il certificato di stato di famiglia del mio antenato Giovanni Battista Gregori. Ora ho un'altra richiesta da farvi, e spero che sarete altrettanto premurosi nel rispondermi.
Vi sarei molto grato se poteste sperdirmi il certicato di stato di famiglia storico di Bortolo Gregori. Non conosco la sua data di nascita, ma suppongo sia intorno a 1807-1820. So che ha sposato Pierina Gregori, e il loro figlio fu mio bisnonno Giovanni Battista Gregori, nato Vodo Cadore il 18.4.1847
RingraziandoVi anticipatamente per la Vostra attenzione.
angelamascia
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Can you help me with my letter to Italy?

Post by angelamascia »

Hi sg12,

Your Italian is correct with only one minor mistake. You wrote certicato instead of certificato (see below) and you might want to put 'ringraziandoVi' with a capital V like the rest of your letter. Otherwise your letter is very clear.

Did you write this or did you use a translation web site?

Angela

Vorrei ringraziarVi per la vostra cortesia nell'inviarmi il certificato di stato di famiglia del mio antenato Giovanni Battista Gregori. Ora ho un'altra richiesta da farvi, e spero che sarete altrettanto premurosi nel rispondermi.
Vi sarei molto grato se poteste sperdirmi il CERTIFICATO di stato di famiglia storico di Bortolo Gregori. Non conosco la sua data di nascita, ma suppongo sia intorno a 1807-1820. So che ha sposato Pierina Gregori, e il loro figlio fu mio bisnonno Giovanni Battista Gregori, nato Vodo Cadore il 18.4.1847
RingraziandoVi anticipatamente per la Vostra attenzione.
Surnames: Mascia, Iapozzuto, Piacquadio, Iacobacci
sg12

Re: Can you help me with my letter to Italy?

Post by sg12 »

Thank you!!!