Dual Citizenship

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
muki100

Dual Citizenship

Post by muki100 »

Hi

My grandfather was born in Tripoli, Libya and had an Italian Citizenship (his father served in the Italian Army).
At that time Italy rulled tripoli.

My grandfather was born in 1926 and is name was Abraham or Abramino Modiano.

my grandfather came to Israel at 1947 (where both my mother and i were born).

I am trying to get my grandfather's birth certificate and appreciate if someone can suggest me were is the best place to look for his birth certificate.

Thank You,

Muki
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

I had the information handy up to last week when I disposed of the iinformation last week since no one ever needed the information until now. Now I have to retrieve the nformation but I seem to recall that you had to write to the Italian Embassy in Tripoli and request a copy of the "registro di Leva" Conscription records which will establish the vital data on your grandfather. Peter
muki100

Thank You and anther question

Post by muki100 »

Peter thank you very much for your prompt reply.

Do you know if these records, birth certificate etc. were recorded in Italy also, since my grandfather was an Italian citizen ?

If so can I retrieve it from Italy instead of Tripoli ?

And one last question are you familiar with the address of the Ufficio di Stato Civile in Livorno ?

Regards,

Muki
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Hi: the italians resident in Libia from 1911 when was "Italian Kingdom of Libia" are status of citizen italian-libic..many are the laws emanated from Italian government in order to citizenship...but they were above all Italians, why the Libyan citizenship was much limiting for they....for your doubt please to visit this website, it is the Italian Association of Italian-Libyans, and above all to write an email for one precise answer ....

http://www.airl.panservice.it/

mailto:alan@panservice.it

regards, suanj
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

Ufficio di Stato Civile, Posyale 57100, (LI), Toscana, Italy is the address. Suanj filled in the rest but I still believe the birth record is in Tripoli and thats the copy you want. Peter
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Hi Peter:

Honestly I know that all the documents of the Italians in Libia, have been taken from the Libia, subsequently and with international agreement, from our Ministero of the Interni (non so a cosa corrisponde in Usa Peter, ma è quello che si occupa di: army police, emergency, etc..)and are in Italy in Ministry Center exactly...
But, why I'm not an expert, I have thought well to address our friend towards the Italian Association that takes care itself of these issues, why will know to give better answer, saving energies. Just a thought...mille saluti, suanj
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

d a 62 page listing of every country and how to obtain documents from them but I never used it so I deleted it much to my chagrin. Now I will try to get it back. Any oggi e bella, il sole brilliante, il vento fresca forte e il sugo sta cucinando....che piu ci vuole??? Peter
muki100

Thank you very much peter & suanj

Post by muki100 »

I have one last request, my grandfather lived two years in Livorno, so I will try to get the info from Livorno.

I can hardly write in Italian so I used an online help.

I would appreciate if you can take look at the letter and tell me if it's understood.

10 novembre 2003
Ufficio dello Stato Civile
Comune di LIVORNO
57100 LI, toscana
ITALY

Egregi Signori,
Mi chiamo muki capar, ed abito in Israel all'indirizzo sopradetto. Cerco informazioni sul mio nonno, Modiano Abraham o Abramino. Nato nel comune di Tripoli/Tripolitania. Il nome del padre del mio nonno è isaac ed il nome della sua madre è ester.

Cerco questi dati per conoscere meglio la mia famiglia, e per trovare i miei parenti rimasti in Italia.
Vi sarei molto grato se poteste spedirmi l'estratto dell'atto di nascita di Modiano Abraham o Abramino, in carta libera. Nato verso 1926.
Qui incluso $5. Se non e sufficiente, vi prego di informarmi riguardante I'ulteriore somma da spedire.
Vi ringrazio in anticipo per la vostra gentilezza e premura, e vi prego di addebitarmi tutte le spese postali e dei certificati.

Distinti saluti,

Many Thanks,

Muki
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Hi Muki:

Spett.le Ufficio Anagrafe
Comune di Livorno
57100 LIVORNO(LI)
ITALY

Oggetto: Richiesta di informazioni anagrafiche relative a Modiano Abramo o Abramino (Abraham) nato verso il 1926 a Tripoli-Libia figlio di Modiano Isacco( Isaac) di Livorno.

Spett.le Ufficio Anagrafe,
mi chiamo Muki Capar e sono cittadino israeliano di origini italiane.
Mio nonno Modiano Abramo nacque a Tripoli in Libia verso il 1926, ma era cittadino italiano, figlio del livornese Modiano Isacco. Non ho ulteriori informazioni da fornire purtroppo, e,
con la presente,
cortesemente chiedo a codesto spett.le Ufficio Anagrafe del Comune di Livorno di volere verificare se nei registri anagrafici di codesto spettabile Comune, ivi risulti verso il 1926 nato il succitato Modiano Abramo, figlio di Isacco.
Qualora l'esito della cortese ricerca risulti positivo, se ne richiede nel contempo l'Estratto dell'Atto di Nascita di Modiano Abramo da inviare all'indirizzo in calce alla presente.
Allego alla presente 5$ per spese di segreteria.
In attesa di riscontro, porgo distinti saluti,

data:10 novembre 2003

signature...........(last name and First name)
address............
fax..............
mailto...........
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

hi Muki:
I have transcribed to you in bureaucratic Italian language the letter. But I have double :I task that you cannot demand ESTRATTO DELL'ATTO DI NASCITA(that it is a certificate of faithful copy from the registries originates ) of Abramo why not born to Livorno! but you can to demand for Isacco..I task that you would have to make as we have suggested to you Peter and me: or to turn you to Ministero degli Interni a Roma,or to ask info association AIRL, or to turn to Italian Consulate in Israel.
However the letter sendes it equally, sure in answer the Common of Livorno will indicate like making to you... :roll: :roll: :roll:
muki100

thank you

Post by muki100 »

thank you very much suanj I really appreciate your help :D
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

Muki what am I an Orphan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Peter NYC
muki100

hey peter

Post by muki100 »

Hey peter

Thanks allot, i really appreciate all your help :D :D :D :D :D

kind regards,

Muki
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Perhaps can interest you: Modiano genealogy in Tuscany http://www.themodianos.gr/home_page.pdf
regards, suanj