Risi and Fusco families

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
millybobs
Rookie
Rookie

Risi and Fusco families

Post by millybobs »

Is anyone else researching Risi or Fusco families from Sant'Elia Fiumerapido (Frosinone)? My grandfather Vincenzo Risi was born there in 1886 and emigrated to England about 1888 with his father and brother, eventually settling in Hull, Yorkshire. Vincenzo's father was Lorenzo Antonio Risi and his mother Gertrulda Risi nee Fusco.
Emmy
Master
Master

Re: Risi and Fusco families

Post by Emmy »

Hi Millybobs I have posted an answer on the 'Locations' forum.
I'm researching my family in Sant'Elia Fiumerapido and I have films with birth marriage records for Sant'Elia F. on loan at my Family History Centre
I have given the dates of the films I have on the 'locations' forum. I just found this post after I had replied asking you for family details which are given here.
I will be going back to the FHC in two weeks time and I will have a look to see if I can find any information for you

Emmy
millybobs
Rookie
Rookie

Post by millybobs »

Hi Emmy
Thanks for the replies. Perhaps when you next visit the FHC, if you have time, could you lokk up Gertrulda Risi (Fusco) in the deaths for 1882 (and later if you get the relevant film) as I have no record of her in England and think she may have stayed in Italy. Hope this isn't imposing on your goodwill too much.
Thanks again.
Milybobs
Emmy
Master
Master

Post by Emmy »

Hi Millybobs
Your not imposing, I only hope I can be of some help and find some information for you.
I should have been going to the FHC this Tuesday but as I said I'm babysitting and I cant take a 6year old with me- he's just a wee bit too young to be doing research. :)

Dont worry I will look that up for you and get back to you as soon as possible.
ps I've posted some links for Cassino in the 'locations'forum.

Emmy
mjones
Veteran
Veteran

Post by mjones »

Millybobs:

In the following census it is indicated that Lorenzo is married not widowed.

1901 England Census

Bradford, Bradford St. Peter, Yorkshire, England

Lorenzo Rici - 49 Married Ice Cream Vendor
Vincenzo Rici - 17 Single Piano worker
Giovanni Rici - 14 Single Hawk Ice Cream

Is it possible that Gertrulda came later? or not at all?

merjones
FERRI - PROVENZANO - GUADAGNI - MARINESI - LARUSSA
millybobs
Rookie
Rookie

Post by millybobs »

Hi merjones
I've seen this census record but am not certain this is the same Lorenzo. I'm not sure if the family ever lived in Bradford - about 60 miles from Hull, where I know they were. Nor can I trace a Giovanni, and there is no trace of elder brother Pasquale Antonio who I know lived with the family later in Hull. When he applied for British nationality in 1908 he stated he had been in Hull for 20 years.
There is also a census record for 1891 as follows: at 3 Damaris Square, Little Garden Street, Hull.
Lorenzo RISI, Head, married, 40, ice cream vendor (hawker), own account,, b Italy; Restituta RISI, wife, 31, b Italy; Antonio RISI, son, 15, organ grinder, b Italy; Vincento RISI, son, 6, b Italy; Joe RISI, son, 1, b Hull. Ref RG12/3937/59/p 18.
On the transcription of the above entry, the family name is shown as RISS. :?: I'm not sure if this is the same family either as I can't account for Restituta. On both Vincenzo's and Pasquale's naturalisation papers their mother is shown as Gertrulda. :?
Thanks for your contribution anyway. One day I'm sure I'll sort out the mystery. :)
Millybobs
ianjp

Post by ianjp »

Hi just read this post for Risi.
i have Risi in my family my Great Aunt Giovanna Mazzoni married a Antonio or Giuseppe Risi in 1911 and had a least 7 kids born in Gateshead never heard or seen any of them but have a photo with 4 of them in. Not sure if his name Giuseppe or Antonio the person who gave me the photo siad he was knonw as tony. does anyone have any knowlegde of this Risi.
millybobs
Rookie
Rookie

Post by millybobs »

Hi ianjp
I don't know anything about him, but on the BMD index there is a Giuseppe Risi shown as marrying Giovanna Mazzoni in Holborn 1st quarter 1911, ref 1b.784, so if you don't already have it, you should be able to get a copy of the marriage cert which will have some info on the parents.
Millybobs
ianjp

Post by ianjp »

Cheers well look into getting a copy.
Ianjp
Emmy
Master
Master

Post by Emmy »

Hi Millybobs
I've been to the FHC this afternoon and I only had time to look at the film with the 'Death Certifcates' and I only got half way through it. There are quite a few Fusco's and Rici (Risi) so I thought I'd just take a note of them all and post them here, I do know there are still more to look up yet- I'll be going back next Tuesday again and post some more then.

These records are all from Sant'Elia Fiumerapido:- Death Certifcates
1860-1882 film no. 1884370
They also give the name of the father and the mother so to make things easier I'll just type (di F.) before the father's name and (di M.) before mother's name.
'di' means they were alive at the time when the death was recorded if it's 'fu' before it means parent was dead when the death was registered.

Fusco Antonio died 16th July 1862 age 1 year
diF. Angelo diM. Giuseppa Tomassi

Fusco Alessio died 25th September 1862 age (cinquanta)50?
di F.Benedetto diM.Carminia Franchetti

Fusco Antonia Maria died 10th November 1862 age 42
?F. Creseuso? ?M.Cresumra? Mantella

Fusco Benedetto died 25th May 1863 (settantatre) 73?
fuF. Pietro fuM. Caterina Di Ricco

Fusco Mariano died 30th August 1863 age 1 year
diF. Alessio diM. Benedetta Lauri?

Fusco Domenico Antonio died 1st October 1863 age 28
DiF. Geronimo diM. Rosa Dilyes?

Fusco Michelangelo died 11th June 1865 age (sessantoquattro)64?
fuF.Pietro fuM. Caterina Di Ricco

Fusco Girolanio died 11th September 1866 age 71
fuF. Felice fuM. Agata Orciero
(This record also has a word at the bottom which I cant make out 'cong.... di Mei Rosa? I think it may be a record of his wife's name)

Fusco Giovanna died 30th January 1869 age 4
diF. Antonio di M. Benedetta Persechini?

I'm going to post this then I'll do the ones for Risi on a separate post.
Emmy
Emmy
Master
Master

Post by Emmy »

These are the Death Records for Risi from Sant'Elia Fiumerapido.
film 1860-1882 film no.1884370 items 2-5

Risi Antonio died 22 May 1860 age (sessantanove)69?
fuF.Domenico fuM. Benedetta Sinacola

Risi Rosa died 4th September 1860 age (cinquantasei)56?
diF. Parquale diM. Margherita Fortuna

Risi Angelo marino died 21st June 1861 age 3 years
diF. Francesaco diM. Ireangela Gargano

Risi Pietro died 9th July 1861 age 3 years
diF.Elio diM. Ingelantonia Creiero?

Risi Mariantonia died 7th October 1861 age 36
?F Gaetano ?M Carolina Ricciandi?

Risi Giovanna died 26th October 1861 age 3 years
diF. Silvestro diM. Antonnia Menucci

Risi Rocco died 1st December 1861 age 7 years
diF. Silvestro diM. Antonnia Menucci

(sad they lost two children just months apart)

Risi Giovanni Battista died 25 July 1862 age (cinquanta) 50?
diF. Iuecdes?Writing wasnt clear) fuM.Rosa Lotte

Risi Angelo died 4th June 1868 age 10 months
diF.Gaetano diM.Domenica Fragnoli

Risi Elio died 18th September 1869 age 41
fuF. Giuo.elio diM. Rosa Latte

Risi Gumaro? died 32 March 1882 age 6 years
diF. Antonio diM. Angelantonia Di Ricco

Risi Angela died ? 1882 age 47
fu.F Giuseppe di Angelantonia Di Ricco
(moglie? (wife?) de Ferdinando Palomba)

Risi Anna died 12th March 1882 age 7months
diF. Giovanni diM. Giovanna Di Ricco

Sorry about the spelling of some of the names abut they were difficult to make out.
I've still quite a bit of that film to look at yet but I think the easiest way not to miss something is to just take note of all the records with those surnames.
Millybobs if there is anything specific that you want me to look up on any of the films I've got before you go on holiday just let me know and I'll make a point of getting back to check before you leave for Italy.

Dont know if any of these records will link to your research - I know the Christian names dont match but it's worth a try.
Emmy
millybobs
Rookie
Rookie

Post by millybobs »

Hi Emmy
Many thanks for the posts; you must have spent most of your day looking for stuff for me. I'll go through them and check if I can make any connections.

I've ordered some films for Cassino but still waiting for them at the moment. Looks like I've a few hours of research to do when they arrive.

Thanks again,
Millybobs.
Emmy
Master
Master

Post by Emmy »

Hi Millybobs
I decided instead of just looking up the index of the deaths records to check if the names were there I'd start at the beginning of the film and check the names on the actual records instead I'm just so glad I did this because I found that my G.Grandmother had another child, boy- Antonio, who had only lived for 5 days. I also found my G.G.Grandather's death certificate, which gave his mother's and father's name, so I now have the names of my G.G.G.Grandparents and I had missed those entries before because had just checked the index so you see, looking for your ancestors has also helped me find some more of mine :D
and- I still have more than half of the film to check yet! :wink:
Will keep you updated
Emmy
Emmy
Master
Master

Post by Emmy »

Hi Millybobs Was back at the FHC today but didnt find much

Death Records
1866 18th May age 26
Fusco, Ouadia (Nadia?) Antonia, figlia di Antonio e di Orazia Nero
moglie di Perolli Michele

1870 27th August lived only 3 hours
Fusco Mariantonia figlia di Giuseppe e di Atri Carolina

will keep looking
Emmy
Emmy
Master
Master

Post by Emmy »

Hi Millybobs
Was back at the FHC this afternoon
Unfortunaely the birth acts for 1877 - 1892 are all the short versions of the birth acts and only gives the date of birth and the names of the father and mother.
I found the following 4 in the index but couldnt find the actual birth act
NO.130-Vincenzo Fusco 1877
NO.103-Francesco Fusco 1877
NO.90-Maddalena Fusco 1877
NO.77-Mariano Fusco 1877

NO.96--Caterina Fusco
born 21 September 1877
Father: Benedetto
Mother: Pasqua Palombo

NO.24--Belumo? Filippo Risi
Born 6th March 1877
Father: Angelo
Mother: Maria Montella

Couldnt find anything for Vincenzo Risi 1886 father-Lorenzo Antonio- Mother Gertruda Fusco) in the births or have I got it wrong was it his death you were searching for in 1886?

Was the other one Gertruda Fusco (Married name Risi) 1882 was it her death record you were looking for?

I think I've got a bit confused, going back on Thursday to FHC hope you can manage to post me the correct information. Will have another look then.
Emmy