Immigration

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
Oatie

Immigration

Post by Oatie »

Can someone tell me please how I can find out when my grandfather, Francesco Barberis, b. 1881 La Morra, Cuneo, came to England. All I know is that he married my grandmother in London in 1904. I cannot find him on the 1901 London census. I presume he came by boat.
Tina
Victoria

Post by Victoria »

See if you can find a later census. I actually had no luck finding immigration info in the US 1910 census but found it in the 1920 and 1930. I don't know what other census' there were in London, but check ahead in years and maybe you'll find the info there.

Vikki
www.CybergaelCreations.com
Professional websites without the professional cost.
Oatie

Immigration!

Post by Oatie »

Thank you Vikki: unfortunately here in England we are not allowed to see censuses that are less than 100 years old, so I shall have to wait another 10 years before I can see the 1911 census!
Other than that I know all about my grandpa, his mother and father and grandfather; I just don't know when he arrived in England or how!
Tina
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

In the www.ancestry.com website there is a listing for Francesco and his borthers submiited by a gal named Parsons who you may or may not be familiar to you. Please let me know either way. Peter