Bonefro, Campobasso

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
littleapple
Rookie
Rookie

Bonefro, Campobasso

Post by littleapple »

Hello all, I am doing research on Bonefro and I have run into a few people in the forums who also are from that area or towns nearby, Just wondering if there is anyone else researching Campobasso or Bonefro area. I have ordered some films from LDS and should be receiveing them in early August. I will be doing some digging so if there is anyone with names let me know and if i see anything I will post it.

I would love to know if anyone has found any info in other areas too.
I have searched the websites for Bonefro and Campobasso. I have been there a few times and love the town. It was badly damaged in the earthquake and the population is dwindling, many people are moving away, it is very sad.

Ciao,
Melina
Chi sa dove, chi sa quando ma con tempo trovera.
NYJudi
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Bonefro, Campobasso

Post by NYJudi »

littleapple wrote:Hello all, I am doing research on Bonefro and I have run into a few people in the forums who also are from that area or towns nearby, Just wondering if there is anyone else researching Campobasso or Bonefro area. I have ordered some films from LDS and should be receiveing them in early August. I will be doing some digging so if there is anyone with names let me know and if i see anything I will post it.

I would love to know if anyone has found any info in other areas too.
I have searched the websites for Bonefro and Campobasso. I have been there a few times and love the town. It was badly damaged in the earthquake and the population is dwindling, many people are moving away, it is very sad.

Ciao,
Melina
Hi Melina, I don't know if this is to late but my family is from Bonefro and the last name is Colombo. Also, my grandfather, Domenico Colombo mother was a Vaccaro from Bonefro. My grandfather came to America and settled in New Rochelle, NY but have not found anything on his father Matteo Colombo nor his mother, Maria D Vaccaro. Thanks for the offer. and any help that you may be able to give me. Lucky you being able to visit the area. I would love to be able to do that someday.

Judy Colombo
littleapple
Rookie
Rookie

Post by littleapple »

Hi Judy, I would be happy to look up information. I have found my great great grandparents and their children in the records so far. I know there are many colombo's in the records. I will check for you, do you have any time frame for me, @ birthdates or marriages etc. So when I am searching I can try to find the right ones.

My family also went to New Rochelle and other areas of New York, in fact my parents just left for a 15 day cruise of Panama and will be in Rhode Island to visit a cousin of Dad's. They are hoping to meet up with one of the geneology friends I met whose father had a boarding house in New York area and my Dad's grandfather's niece and possible sister stayed at the house. We have been in correspondance for a few years finding the connections to our family.

I just talked to a distant relative in Bonefro and I am very sad as they get older I fear I won't get back again in time to see them all. I have been back 4 times and I love it there. Small but so quaint and full of history.

Please let me know any info and if you want to email me at home my email is bonefro@shaw.ca
Melina
Chi sa dove, chi sa quando ma con tempo trovera.
Poipuo4
Elite
Elite

Post by Poipuo4 »

Hi, Melina,

I have a little web site for a town in Foggia, not too far away from Campobasso (35km), if you want to look at the pictures. We also saw some damage in houses from the earthquake. However, in my nonna's town of Paduli di Benevento, the old section is literally in rubble from a big earthquake.
http://www.celenzaheritage.com

dedicated to the people of Celenza Valfortore, Province of Foggia
Sirena
Elite
Elite

Post by Sirena »

M grandmother's town was the one that lost all the children in the collapse of the school during the earthquake in San Giuliano. I was wondering if anyone in Italy can tell us if they have any special commemorative services, fundraisers, etc. since the 5th year anniversary is approaching?
genebo

Post by genebo »

I'm looking for relatives of Nelly Grasso I think she is a school teacher or was. My Grand father was Artidoro Sambo he moved to Alaska and had several sisters the lived in Palermo Sicily, We found and old letter from the relatives after the Big Earth Quake in 1964 my brother sent a letter to the old address on the envelope and we got a reply but he lost the address, I guess there was some younger kids named Eugenio I was named after my Grandfathers uncle I think he was Governor of Sicily a long time ago Genebo :o
Poipuo4
Elite
Elite

Post by Poipuo4 »

Have you tried the Italian White Pages www.paginebianche.it?
http://www.celenzaheritage.com

dedicated to the people of Celenza Valfortore, Province of Foggia
tracyo

Post by tracyo »

Last year my mother passed away and while going through her papers I found two death certificates. One for my great grandfather (her father's father) and one for a baby who would have been her father's younger brother. There was very little info on the certificates except that both were buried in Holy Sepulchre in New Rochelle NY. The baby's place of death was 528 Main St New Rochelle and the father's was Railway track, New Rochelle. My assumption is that they lived in New Rochelle. I searched the Ellis Island site and found that he (the father Alesandro Silvestri)came to the US in 1902 on the Sicilia and his place of residence was Bonefro. Then I started reading the postings on this site and thought that it was more than coincidence that other people from Bonefro also lived in New Rochelle. I noticed that the last posting is way back in 07 so I'm thinking this site is no longer being checked but I thought I'd try posting and see if anyone is still doing any research in or about Bonefro. Would appreciate any insight.
jfkone

Post by jfkone »

I am doing research about our lineage and I came across your posting about Bonefro. I was born there and came to the US in 1958. Our family name is Silvestri and I have information that might help you. I started a family lineage for my father, Michael Silvestri, who passed away this year and with the help of my mother and cousins, we have gathered information on my grandfather and his family. I wonder if we are related.
tracyo

Post by tracyo »

we may be related way back. I would like to see the info you have if that's possible. My email address is torilia@aol.com you can contact me directly
Pamwingo

Post by Pamwingo »

Anna Maria Vaccaro from Bonefro,Italy (born in 1866) had a son named Mike Silvestri. My Nana Liz (great grandmother) born on 5/28/1895 in Italy was his half sister. Is this the same family? Elizabeth Staula's real name was Maria Libra Staula (daughter of Charles Staula-3rd husband). I'm looking for information on one on Maria Libra Staula and her husband Guiseppe Carnevale from Bonefro. Maria Libra Staula's last residence was Bonefro when she came to U.S at age of 2. My great grandfather, Guiseppe Carnevale, was born in Bonefro in3/19/1888. He return to Italy in 1923 and died later in a fire. I'm looking for his place and date of death. I'm also trying to confirm Maria Libra Staula's place of birth, which I believe may have been Bonefro.
Thanks.
cv1203

Post by cv1203 »

Hello,
I just found this web site, hello to all.
My grandfather was from Bonefro, his name is Guiseppe Pasquale Vecere, born 1880, died 1970 in Santa Fe, New Mexico, USA. His father's name was Carlo, his mother was Guiseppa (maiden name something like Barberi). My grandfather came to the United States in 1902. When my grandfather arrived in the United States he stayed with relatives in New York, I am not sure what town in New York or who the relatives were.He had two other brothers, Dominico and Matteo. Dominico came to the United States in 1904 and settled in Philadelphia, Matteo stayed in Bonefro. Does any one from New York have relatives by the name of Vecere and does anyone know any Vecere's in Bonefro.
Thank you and kinest regards,
Carl
pfountaine

Post by pfountaine »

I am looking for any information about a fire in Bonefro, Italy in 1941. I believe that my grandfather's second wife died in this fire. Her name was Antoinetta Columbo Carnevale. I know that they had a daughter and I would like to contact her.

Pat
pfountaine

Post by pfountaine »

I just learned that the fire I am interested in occured in 1944 in a home on G Marconi. It was Guiseppe Carnevale who died in the fire. His wife Antoinetta had previously died in 1941. I am trying to find their daughter, who would be my aunt.
pfountaine

Post by pfountaine »

Guiseppe Carnevale, was born on March on 19, 1988 in Bonefro, Italy and died in 1944. He was the son of Luigi Carnevale(born about 1855 and died in 1938) and Anna Maria Santoianni (born about 1868 and died before 1920).

On July 24, 1920, he married Antonietta Colombo(born in 1895,and died in 1941). She was the daughter of Nicola Colombo and Clementina Guarino.

Any help in finding their daughter would be appreciated.