Need Help Translating Certificate

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
Zengac

Need Help Translating Certificate

Post by Zengac »

Hello! I'm hoping someone can help me determine what this certificate relates to. It mentions the name Luigi Lupi, which is my relative but I have no idea what it is about. Any help is much appreciated! Thank you!!

[img=http://img511.imageshack.us/img511/9162 ... bv9.th.png]
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Need Help Translating Certificate

Post by suanj »

this is a certificate by Prefect of Calabria Citeriore province, stating that Luigi Lupi after the examinations of 27 and 28 Oct 1870 , well it is qualified Municipal Secretary work ( secretary in town hall); regards, suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Zengac

Post by Zengac »

Thank you so much! Do you know what that means? Does it mean that he just worked at the town hall? What would his duties have been? The family story was that he was some sort of a politician in San Amantea di Pietro and that he went to work on a coffee plantation in Argentina and was murdered there.
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

he sure worked in the Town hall of San Pietro di Amantea town and it is very possible that he was also a politician in the town... and it is very sad that a great man(no all people in the 1870 they was litterates... and he sure had some diploma for to have this work.. ) was murdered... the life is so strange... a good work in Italy.. a good culture, probably also of rich family and he left Italy for the foreign country and murdered... strange life... suanj

Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Zengac

Post by Zengac »

It is very sad indeed, though to date, I have not found any proof of his departure from Italy. But, as is so often the case, there is usually some truth behind most family legends so I will continue to search for more clues.

Is it possible that Luigi was one of the town's clerks that would complete things like birth and marriage notices? I have noticed that on such notices for other relatives in the same town, the name of the clerk completing the notice is listed as Luigi Lupi. I just assumed that it was a coincidence, thinking that "Luigi Lupi" was a fairly common name.
Poipuo4
Elite
Elite

Post by Poipuo4 »

My gggf was a town councilman in his town and I matched his handwriting on his own son's atto di nascita to the handwriting on other certificates in the town. Sure enough, he had handwritten some other certificates registering births in his town. Maybe you can do the same thing. If you have something with his signature on it, give it a try!
http://www.celenzaheritage.com

dedicated to the people of Celenza Valfortore, Province of Foggia
Zengac

Post by Zengac »

That's a great idea! I will certainly give that try. Thanks!! :D
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Zengac wrote:It is very sad indeed, though to date, I have not found any proof of his departure from Italy. But, as is so often the case, there is usually some truth behind most family legends so I will continue to search for more clues.

Is it possible that Luigi was one of the town's clerks that would complete things like birth and marriage notices? I have noticed that on such notices for other relatives in the same town, the name of the clerk completing the notice is listed as Luigi Lupi. I just assumed that it was a coincidence, thinking that "Luigi Lupi" was a fairly common name.
the secretary, in old time, it could be as a town's clerk and/or civil records officer......

Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Zengac

Post by Zengac »

Suanj, you are the BEST! Thank you so very much!! :D
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.