looking for Vareton name in Italy

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
joedemo

looking for Vareton name in Italy

Post by joedemo »

Hi, I need help. I am doing research on my grandfather's family in Italy.

The surname is Vareton and I know the following:

My Great Great Grandfather Giuseppe Vareton was in Genoa working in February 1896 because I have a letter written by him on stationary from a shop there. He had a daughter Ebe in Verona and a son Nicola who had just died (I don't know where). I think Nicola worked on the Italian train system because of family stories and he is mentioned as living in Naples in 1889, while his wife is giving birth in 1889 in Milan.

Nicola Vareton married Anna Caropreso and gave birth to twin girls in Milan in 1889. Their names were Addolorata and Carlotta Vareton.

I need help figuring out where ot find birth, marriage, and death records for these people who seem to be moving around the North of Italy between Venice and Genoa through the latter part of the 19th century.

Can anyone help me? It would be much appreciated!

Thanks Joe DeMartino
BillieDeKid
Master
Master

Re: looking for Vareton name in Italy

Post by BillieDeKid »

Hi Joe and welcome to the forum.

I searched the regions and didn't come up with any phone numbers, so maybe you could start by ordering the microfilms from the LDS church. Since you know that twin girls were born in Milan in 1889 I'd start there and get their civil birth certificates. The certificates will list the mother, father, grandparents, residence etc.

You first need to find a Family History Center near you. I've inlcuded the link.

Family History Center (FHC)
http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Library ... et_fhc.asp

Next you go to the center and order the film(s) you need. I've taken the liberty of getting you to the Milan link for births. Write down the film numbers and go to the center to order. They cost about $3.75 per film.

Nati (births) 1889.
http://www.familysearch.org/eng/Library ... i+Milano+2++

Can you give anymore information about your family? Who came to the US (full names), siblings names and if came to US, childrens names etc.

Regards,
Elizabeth
joedemo

Re: looking for Vareton name in Italy

Post by joedemo »

thanks for the info. I will be going to a family research center tonight.

As far as US based info, I think I have all of it. I have lots of info back in Italy as well for other lines of my family, but these Varetons are the tough ones.

Also, my grandfather was Nicola Vareton (son of Nicola Vareton) and was born in 1896 in Piano di Sorrento. I would love to find his birth record as well, but I understand the records in Southern Italy aren't so good.