Trying to trace a MARIO DECORE from Salerno

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
toplinkdriver

Trying to trace a MARIO DECORE from Salerno

Post by toplinkdriver »

I am researching my family tree, and my Mother in Law has told me that she is half Italian. Her father was an Italian Prisoner of War in England. He was held captive at either Goathurst camp or Colley Lane camp, both near Bridgwater in Somerset.

His name was MARIO DECORE and he came from SALERNO. Other than that she knows nothing about him. Does anyone know this person? Is he still alive? Are any of his family able to help fill in the gaps?

Any help or information would be gratefully received.
BillieDeKid
Master
Master

Re: Trying to trace a MARIO DECORE from Salerno

Post by BillieDeKid »

Hi toplink and welcome to the forum.

Can you tell us what year he was a prisoner? Was your mother-in-law born after he was released or before he was captured? Can you give an approximate year of birth for Mario, any other children born to Mario Decore, wifes full name (maiden), approximate year of marriage, siblings of Mario and their approximate ages etc. Did he, wife and/or children come to US or somewhere else?

The more information you can give the easier it will be for people on the forum to help you.

Regards,
Elizabeth
toplinkdriver

Post by toplinkdriver »

Hi Elizabeth,

Thanks for the reply.

I have again spoken to the Mother In Law (She who must be obeyed). The only other information that I can add is that Mario allegedly was married and had two daughters before he was captured. He was repatriated to Italy in 1947. My Mother in Law was born in 1946. She believes that Mario was a Policeman before joining (or being conscripted) into the Italian Army. Most likely he was captured in North Africa in about 1941 / 42 And that is all we know. It is a hell of a long shot, but who knows. Thanks for trying.

Regards

Bill
BillieDeKid
Master
Master

Post by BillieDeKid »

Well this is the best I can do.

Decore Mario
28100 Novara (NO) - Via Unita' D'Italia, 8
0321 474358

The address and phone number of Mario Decore. I don't know if it's your Mario or not but if your mother-in-law speaks italian she can give it a shot and call. If it's not him it may be a relative and the relative may know something.

Let me know what happens.

And Bill.............remember to ALWAYS obey your mother-in-law!! lol

Regards,
Elizabeth
BillieDeKid
Master
Master

Post by BillieDeKid »

Hi Bill,

I thought I'd try De Core in addition to Decore. I came up with a few more names for you. Salerno is in the region of Campania and that is where the name is more dominate. I listed in bold where the name was found, and if I could get a name, address and phone I listed it for you. Might not hurt to send out letters and explain about Mario being a prisoner of war etc. and see if maybe one of these people are related.

Apulia

Piedmont
De Core Antonio
10155 Torino (TO) - Corso Giulio Cesare, 149
011 2421894

De Core Graziano
10154 Torino (TO) - Corso Giulio Cesare, 178
011 2055058

Lombardy

Latium

Campania
13.45 Carinola Caserta
5.84 Caserta Caserta
5.16 Falciano del Massico Caserta

De Core Angela Raffaela
81043 Capua (CE) - Via Ferrovia, 3
0823 962321

De Core Avv. Vincenzo
81100 Caserta (CE) - Via Tanucci Bernardo, 99
0823 355402

De Core Bruno
81030 Casanova (CE) - Via Tenente Budetti, 9
0823 939346

De Core Claudia
81030 Falciano Del Massico (CE) - Via Vellaria, 31
0823 931558

De Core Fara
81100 Caserta (CE) - Via Canova Antonio
0823 324169

De Core Giovanna
81030 Carinola (CE) - Via Giglio, 8
0823 939456

De Core Giovanni
81030 Casanova (CE) - Via De Gasperi, 14
0823 939851

De Core Giovanni Salvator
81030 Falciano Del Massico (CE) - Via Vigna Venosina, 1
0823 931182

De Core Giuseppe
81030 Carinola (CE) - Via Provinciale Per Cascano, 7
0823 939958

De Core Guido
81030 Casanova (CE) - Via Valle, 31
0823 939815

De Core Prof. Antonio
81100 Caserta (CE) - Via Bosco Giuseppe Maria, 48
0823 327764

De Core Rosa
81030 Casanova (CE) - Via Nazionale
0823 939881

Del Core De Marinis Rita
80070 Bacoli (NA) - Via Spiaggia
081 5234674

If anyone else on the forum has any ideas please jump in.

Elizabeth
toplinkdriver

Post by toplinkdriver »

Many thanks for that. I have forwarded the list to the M.i.L. and it is up to her what she does with it. I must say that she would be very brave attempting to contact someone who might be her real father after so many years. In my view it would be a veritable can of worms that may be best left unopened! However it is not my decision to make (thank god).

Still, thanks very much for the assistance. I just hope that she comes to the right decision when using it.

Regards

Bill
BillieDeKid
Master
Master

Post by BillieDeKid »

I'm hoping for the best Bill. You're right, this is a double edged sword. If she writes or calls she may be met with open arms or.................

But nothing ventured nothing gained.

I would like to ask one question if you don't mind? Does Mario know that your m-i-l exists? I'm guessing by your previous answer that the two daughters he had are not your m-i-l's full blooded sisters.
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

toplinkdriver wrote:Hi Elizabeth,

Thanks for the reply.

I have again spoken to the Mother In Law (She who must be obeyed). The only other information that I can add is that Mario allegedly was married and had two daughters before he was captured. He was repatriated to Italy in 1947. My Mother in Law was born in 1946. She believes that Mario was a Policeman before joining (or being conscripted) into the Italian Army. Most likely he was captured in North Africa in about 1941 / 42 And that is all we know. It is a hell of a long shot, but who knows. Thanks for trying.

Regards

Bill
Hi bill the better way is to contact the Red Cross in UK, and saying the POW camp where he was and the name; they can say you where he was born( if Salerno town or some common in Salerno province) and the birthdate... having this info all will be more easy... regards, suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH