Surname Barone and DiRado

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
BibleSclr

Surname Barone and DiRado

Post by BibleSclr »

HI,
My name is Nikki Barone. My grandparents were John Barone and Maria Nicole DiRado. I am just starting out my genealogy research and I am looking for any information on the names Barone and DiRado. I do not know much about my grandfather other then he immigrated around 1910 which would have made him about 5 years old. I also know that my grandmother was from a town or region in Italy called Labrutzi (I probably spelled that wrong.) If you think you have some info or know where I can look that would be great.

Thank you

Nikki
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Surname Barone and DiRado

Post by suanj »

BibleSclr wrote:HI,
My name is Nikki Barone. My grandparents were John Barone and Maria Nicole DiRado. I am just starting out my genealogy research and I am looking for any information on the names Barone and DiRado. I do not know much about my grandfather other then he immigrated around 1910 which would have made him about 5 years old. I also know that my grandmother was from a town or region in Italy called Labrutzi (I probably spelled that wrong.) If you think you have some info or know where I can look that would be great.

Thank you

Nikki
Hi: please let mi know first name of Giovanni(John) Barone father; also birth's year of Giovanni Barone..
Barone and Di Rado surnames is very diffused in Italy and very diffused in Abruzzo and Molise regions(ex-Abruzzi). More, in year of emigration, Abruzzi region it comprised also Molise region. Around 1964 this regions they are separate, becoming every region to himself...Regards, suanj
BibleSclr

Post by BibleSclr »

Hi suanj,
Thank you for your reply. I do not know much about my grandfather. I am hoping to learn more from my Dad after he replies to some e-mail I sent him. Both my grandparents are now deceased.

I understand that my grandfather, whom I only know as John Anthony Barone, immigrated on or about 1910. He was born February 22 1905. I know my grandfather had other brothers and sisters but I do not know their names other then I believe one brother was named Dominic. But I do not know anything more about him.

My grandmother Maria Nicole DiRado was born in November (on or about the 11 or the 14th) in 1911. She was about 14 when she immigrated so possibly around 1925. I know that in her party was her little brother Anthony (Tony) DiRado and a younger sister Julia DiRado. My Great-grandmother was also with them but I do not know her name. My great-grandfather was Giuseppe DiRado (Joseph). I know he made several trips back and forth prior to WWI. I also know that he was in the Army during WWI and guarded St. Marks for a period of time.

Thank you again for your time and help.
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

BibleSclr wrote:Hi suanj,
Thank you for your reply. I do not know much about my grandfather. I am hoping to learn more from my Dad after he replies to some e-mail I sent him. Both my grandparents are now deceased.

I understand that my grandfather, whom I only know as John Anthony Barone, immigrated on or about 1910. He was born February 22 1905. I know my grandfather had other brothers and sisters but I do not know their names other then I believe one brother was named Dominic. But I do not know anything more about him.

My grandmother Maria Nicole DiRado was born in November (on or about the 11 or the 14th) in 1911. She was about 14 when she immigrated so possibly around 1925. I know that in her party was her little brother Anthony (Tony) DiRado and a younger sister Julia DiRado. My Great-grandmother was also with them but I do not know her name. My great-grandfather was Giuseppe DiRado (Joseph). I know he made several trips back and forth prior to WWI. I also know that he was in the Army during WWI and guarded St. Marks for a period of time.

Thank you again for your time and help.
Resume:
-Giovanni Antonio Barone born February 22 1905 emigrated around 1910. Brother: Domenico Barone.
-Maria Nicola Di Rado Born November 1911, emigrated around 1925. Father: Giuseppe Di Rado. Brother: Antonio Di Rado. Sister: Giulia Di Rado.
An Barone Giovanni age 8 emigrated in July 1912 coming from Guglionesi(currently in Molise region, in the past some region called Abruzzi)http://www.ellisislandrecords.org/searc ... 0954070187
( in travel with mother Pietropaolo Caterina -and 1 brother and 1 sister) can to be?? please let me know final destination in USA..

Regards, suanj
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

If you wish to find out the genealogy of your family in an organzied manner then obtain the book Italian genealogical Records by Trafford R. Cole. it is an easy read and will familiarize you with what you don't know. There are records in the town of origin dating back to the early 1800's, provincial military records and websites and directories for the remainder of your family anywhere in the world. it is a lot of work which no one here can do for you except in bits and pieces which I am sure you are not looking for. Suffice to say that when conducting Italian genealogy you need to know the town of origin in Italy and always work backward. Their are microfilm records for your entire family which you can rent as well. Peter
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Ciao peter: come si può ottenere questo libro??? Tu lo hai? Fammi sapere, ciao, suanj

More: ho letto indice libro on line..non c'è molto di più che io non sappia già..peccato, l'avrei comprato volentieri....
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Hi Nikki: please let me known emigration's final destination your Barone ancestor..thanks, suanj
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

Si Ho comprato quell libro di Italian genealogicval record by Trafford R. Cole. Non e tanto caro e molto facile leggere in inglese e spiega tutto. Ce anche un'altro libro che e buono per vedere i archivi sul micorfilm. Questa libro e Discovering Your Italian Ancestors da Lynn Nelson. Non Ho comprato questo che non avevo bisogno. Peter
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Grazie per la risposta..ho letto che ci sono alcuni dati su Comuni del Veneto, chissà se trovi un Domenico Malerba nato nel 1871!!! dai un'occhiata quando hai tempo Peter! Grazie, saluti, suanj
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Hi Nikki: please let me know the first name of first son of Giovanni Antonio Barone ...(for better search, we can trace name Giovanni Antonio's father on ellis island) regards, suanj
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

HI , result search on Di Rado surname:
Not are nobody Maria Nicola Di Rado, ditto for Antonio Di Rado and Giulia Di Rado( I have triedon ellis island in any surname shape similar) emigrated around 1925(your data), more, on ellis island are data only max 1924 for arrival..
therefore I task that initially, before 1925 is emigrated only Giuseppe...
I have tried Giuseppe Di Rado before 1925. This is an record probable, Giuseppe Di Rado born in Santa Maria Imbaro (Chieti province-Abruzzo region), last residence Lanciano (Chieti province-Abruzzo region)

http://www.ellisislandrecords.org/searc ... 1115070094

Regards, suanj
theShrine

Post by theShrine »

Hi my name is Anthony DiRado. I live in Norristown Pennsylvania. My grandfather was born in Abruzzi. In Santa Maria Umbarro. Just thought I'd respond to you. I hope to hear back.
theShrine

Post by theShrine »

My grandfather came through Ellis Island in 1920 Though I doubt we are related. My grandfather's name either anthony or Antonio should come up in an Ellis Island search. It is engraved on that wall they have there.
AmyT
Veteran
Veteran

Post by AmyT »

I wanted to share in your excitement, but maybe add that you should privately email from the profile of Nikki, that way just incase she no longer checks this forum she may at least get the email!

(edited to correct my poor grammar)
Image 'If you never open doors to let anyone in, no one can get in, but neither can you get out.'
raymo
Rookie
Rookie

Post by raymo »

This may not be relevant to this particular conversation, but I understand that both the DiRado & Barone surnames are indicative of Albanian-Italian (Arberesh) ancestry. This may offer an interesting angle of investigation