Requesting Civil Record from Carinola

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
Giambrone
Rookie
Rookie

Requesting Civil Record from Carinola

Post by Giambrone »

Can someone please help me translate the following message into Italian so I can email the Civil office in Carinola.

I want my great grandmothers Louise Lepore's birth record. She was born March 4, 1894. Also want her father Thomas Lepore and mother Amelia Russo's birth records. Do not know if she had any siblings and if she did also want their birth records. Also if they can see if their are any living relatives living in this area. Also want their email address and a contact person if I need other documents
nuccia
Staff
Staff

Re: Requesting Civil Record from Carinola

Post by nuccia »

Giambrone,

You may have better success posting this on the translation board. Also, I don't think you will have much success if you put I want in your letter, nor will they provide you with email addresses. If you want records for the family you need to be more specific as the offices are under no obligation to do these kind of searches. If you are lucky enough to get someone that will actually search the "family story" (literal translation basically referring to all the members in the family) there is often a charge of anywhere from 2.50 euros to 5 euros for each member found, plus a genealogy tax.

Maybe you can have a look at the form letters here..

http://www.circolocalabrese.org/resourc ... /index.asp

It will give you some idea of how to make a request for specific records.

Hope this helps a bit.
nuccia - IG Moderator
Italian Surname Database