census reports from rome?

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
ChrisMosca
Elite
Elite

census reports from rome?

Post by ChrisMosca »

does anyone know if there are census reports from rome, italy from 1930 somewhere to view online?
Looking for the surnames Mosca( Marches ), Pizzoglio (Piedmonte), Chiacchiera, Lobasso(Bari), Gallo(Malvito), Azzolina (Messina).
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Re: census reports from rome?

Post by PeterTimber »

The 1930 Italy Census was released in 2002 to the public by ISTAT who conducts the census in Italy. Their website is www.istat.it/index_e.html and their e-mail address is centro.servizi@istat.it. You may wish to request something specific to your research which they may be able to provide free of charge but I really do not know for sure. They may be able to refer you to an organization in the USA or a University or library near your home where a refernce cophy can be veiwed. Please let me know what they say. =Peter=
nuccia
Staff
Staff

Post by nuccia »

Peter,

The link doesnt work. :( Perhaps you can update it as it l would love to have a look at the website as well.

Thanks! :wink:
nuccia - IG Moderator
Italian Surname Database
nuccia
Staff
Staff

Post by nuccia »

Could this be the page you were trying to link?

http://www.istat.it/censimenti/
nuccia - IG Moderator
Italian Surname Database
ChrisMosca
Elite
Elite

Post by ChrisMosca »

I did send an email to them in both english and italian but i can't quiet find anywhere in the website anything about the 1930 census reports or anything prior to that.
Looking for the surnames Mosca( Marches ), Pizzoglio (Piedmonte), Chiacchiera, Lobasso(Bari), Gallo(Malvito), Azzolina (Messina).
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

Dear Chris they have authority and conducted the 1930 census and released same in 2002 so write to them and make inquiries as to location for reviewing the portions of interest to you.

Dear Nuccia yes that is one of the references I alluded to and you can read your link in english as well and go to the home page via that page as well...and Thank you. I have no trouble wth getting to that website using the URL I first cited. =Peter=