never ending story part 2

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
BLUEBOY

never ending story part 2

Post by BLUEBOY »

Hi.

Some of you have heard of my never ending story before, Just a refresher of the story but I'm still looking for a definitive answer to get some closure.

Herewith I would like to ask you for advise on the following matter.
I would therefore like to explain the situation to you a bit further and hope that you will be able to give me some advise on the matter.

My father, Mario Doria, was born in Italy in 1920.
He joined the Italian Navy (Regia Marina) when he was about 16 years of age.

When World War II started, he was serving on the cruiser ship “Polaâ€
wishyou
Veteran
Veteran

Re: never ending story part 2

Post by wishyou »

As my knowledge, you have the rights to get italian citizenship.
Your a son of an italian citizen who did not dismiss italian citizenship. And that's enough.

The only thing I could think against is that could be a special treaty between Italy and South Africa, in which citizenship is denied to a son of mother South African citizen. But I don't think it exists.

But my questions are:
1) In your birth registration is reported that you are son of Mario Doria?
2) Did you got your father original birth certificate?
KrazyZia
Rookie
Rookie

Re: never ending story part 2

Post by KrazyZia »

Here in the USA we'd get an immigration lawyer. Where are you currently? I'm not very familiar with the location you have under your profile name. I'm having a bit of trouble with my Italian Consulate in Boston, but it's not the same type of problem. I'm considering consulting with an immigration lawyer myself.

Hope it all turns out well for you in the end.
- What cannot be achieved in one lifetime will happen when one lifetime is joined to another.
= Researching Brunetti, D'Aloia, Delfanti, & Milani Family Names. Casalvecchio Di Puglia, & other Arbëreshë communities.