Scarnati Information

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
kpizzolato

Scarnati Information

Post by kpizzolato »

I'm looking for that missing link. We have found most of the family here in Canada and the US but we are missing information from Italy about the SCARNATI name. I know that my great grandfather Eugenio SCARNATI was born in Spezzano, Costenza in 1905 ish. And was born in 1886. He had 2 or more brothers, but the names and history of those sibling or his parents are unknown. Eugenio was married to Maria PALETTA and left one son behind. Maria followed to Canada a few years later 1907 with her son William Scarnati (around 3) at the time, and her mother (Rosina GRANATO)

This is all I know of my great grandfather, if you have any information or would like more information about the links we have already made, feel free to email me.

Kim
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

There are four town in the province of Cosenza with Spezzano as part of the name. Actually there are 5 but one is incorpoated with Spezzano Sila. Once you find the correct towen you can go to the family history library of the mormon church and trace your Ernesto's family back to 1810 up to 1910 and actually reconstitute the entire family up to present day. Buit you need to order the correct micorfilm or order all 4 micorfilm and research the towns one at a time. The microfilm cover births,marriages and deaths. Peter
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Scarnati Information

Post by suanj »

kpizzolato wrote:I'm looking for that missing link. We have found most of the family here in Canada and the US but we are missing information from Italy about the SCARNATI name. I know that my great grandfather Eugenio SCARNATI was born in Spezzano, Costenza in 1905 ish. And was born in 1886. He had 2 or more brothers, but the names and history of those sibling or his parents are unknown. Eugenio was married to Maria PALETTA and left one son behind. Maria followed to Canada a few years later 1907 with her son William Scarnati (around 3) at the time, and her mother (Rosina GRANATO)

This is all I know of my great grandfather, if you have any information or would like more information about the links we have already made, feel free to email me.

Kim
Hi: are 3 Spezzano Common in Cosenza province: Spezzano Albanese -
Spezzano Della Sila - Spezzano Piccolo.
Scarnati surname is present in Spezzano della Sila and in Spezzano Piccolo.
More: Paletta is present in Spezzano della Sila..
Granato not in Spezzano, but diffused in allCosenza province... the council of Peter is right and will obtain many information..Regards, suanj
kpizzolato

Updated Info

Post by kpizzolato »

Hi

The town name is Spezzano Grande, of Spezzano della sila, Cosenza.
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Updated Info

Post by suanj »

kpizzolato wrote:Hi

The town name is Spezzano Grande, of Spezzano della sila, Cosenza.
Ok: Spezzano Grande is fraction of Spezzano della Sila, are 19 Scarnati families http://paginebianche.virgilio.it/pb/cer ... la&x=0&y=0
currently not are Grande persons , are 4 Paletta families http://paginebianche.virgilio.it/pb/cer ... la&x=0&y=0

regards, suanj
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

Good then go to the family history library and request that microfilm. Check the telephone directory for nearest Mormon church and ask them weher library is located or you can write to town for specific document you want (birth, marriage etc.). Peter