Researching Zitella and Caloccia

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
jiminycub

Researching Zitella and Caloccia

Post by jiminycub »

I am researching my family of Zitella and maternal grandmother Caloccia from Corfinio, L'Aquila. The town was at one time called Pentima. I have found Guiseppe Zitella which I believe was my Great Grandfather but am having problems going further than that and with the Caloccia's. My grandmothers name was Josephine but I believe her Italian name was Giavannia. Can anyone help me with some leads if they know anything. I am new to all of this so any little bit helps. Thanks

Raymond
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

Yopu set me up to re-invent the whell. You don't say what research you conducted and did not succeed yet I may very well duplicate the effort by suggesting the same steps yopu have already taken. For the moment the only complete research that is feasible and without any record signifies your great grandmother came from elsewhere is the microfilm record for Corfinio at the Mormon church family history library closest to your home and rent out the civil records dating back to 1809 for Corfinio and trace both families. Peter
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Researching Zitella and Caloccia

Post by suanj »

jiminycub wrote:I am researching my family of Zitella and maternal grandmother Caloccia from Corfinio, L'Aquila. The town was at one time called Pentima. I have found Guiseppe Zitella which I believe was my Great Grandfather but am having problems going further than that and with the Caloccia's. My grandmothers name was Josephine but I believe her Italian name was Giavannia. Can anyone help me with some leads if they know anything. I am new to all of this so any little bit helps. Thanks

Raymond
Hi: Josephine = italian :Giuseppina (Giuseppa diminutive).....Giovanna.. :roll: it is an other name....regards, suanj
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

P.S......also giovanina. Peter
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

PS: Giuseppina and Giovannina are two different names...coming from two different name's Saint : Giuseppe and Giovanni...
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

he wasn't sure what the name was so I gave him another option just in case he had to check some records and dindn't know the other name. Its not that I was wrong its jus that we are both right!! Peter