Mantova 1733

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
rektoris

Mantova 1733

Post by rektoris »

Hi, I would like to ask you about some advice how to find a birth record from city of Mantova ( year 1733)? Unfortunately, I do not know the church or parish. Is it possible in such a circumstances find my ancestor? His name was: Joseph Stockar(d) von Bernkopf . Thanks." Lada
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Mantova 1733

Post by suanj »

hmmm.. maybe in this time Mantova was under Austria power ... this could be explain the foreign surname... because this is not a italian surname......
I found a Joseph Otto Stockard von Bernkopf in Italy( birth 1766-death 1833) that was a austrian officer that served in Austrian army in Italy(Sardinia) and then under Napoleon force.... searching so far in the time.... I believe that is hard to find something ..... old records abt Mantova: only the microfilms by Mormons abt jewish registries of Mantova from 1770 -1899
http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Library ... umns=*,0,0

regards, suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
rektoris

Post by rektoris »

Thanks a lot for such a quick replay. You are right, that Stockar von Bernkopf is not original italian surname. The family Stockar is coming from Switzerland and most of them were the officers in the A-U army in the whole Europe. Joseph Otto (*1766 Klein Prilep (CZ)-1833), you have mentioned, was the son of Josef Stockard v. B(*1733 Mantova (It),†1811, Pozdyne (CZ)).
My question is about organization and structure of the birth records in Mantova now. Are they the old Mantova birth records(since 1730) still part of the each parish documentation? So I would have to check every parish in Mantova and look for the proper birth record? Or there are such a old records in some "city archive" in Mantova?
Josef (*1733, Mantova), he had a brother Franciscus (1732, Kempten) and both were the sons of the Carl Otto Stockar von Bernkopf (*1702 Wien, † 1741 Prague (CZ)) and Anna Hüblin von Straden.
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

yes I understand.. maybe you can write here
Segreteria della Curia Arcivescovile
Piazza Sordello 15
46100 Mantova (MN)
Italy

http://www.liberatiarts.com/museod/archivio.htm
because they have this records:
Anagrafe parrocchiale antica Città di Mantova dal 1570 -1899 (from 1570-1899) and maybe is what you are searching.. please to write a letter in italian language with the request and all details... regards, suanj

Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
rektoris

Post by rektoris »

Dear Suanj:-),
your advice and information is amazing help for my serching of ancestors in Mantova.
I will try to write my question in italian and I will see. I am gonna keep you informed.

Thanks a lot once more for your kind help!
You are a V.I.P on the proper site :-)

with regards

Ladislav Rektoris, Trebon, Czech republic
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

good luck, regards, suanj

Visit my website: