In search of Pellouso origin

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
pellouso21

In search of Pellouso origin

Post by pellouso21 »

my last name is pellouso not peluso, or peloso. i am trying to find out were my family is from, what part of italy and also a little history if anyone has any info. i know that my grandfather came from italy to new york in the early 1930s or so im told. my grandfather passed away when i was 10yrs old and he seems to be the only person in my family that knew anything of our origin. so like i said before if anyone has any info on the pellouso name even if it relates to peluso or peloso im curious to know where i came from!
thanks to all who view this topic
-tony
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Re: In search of Pellouso origin

Post by PeterTimber »

There is a problem and that is that there is no surname Pellouso in Italy at this time. Further there is no record of any pellouso in the Ellisisland.org website even though listings for surnames ended in 1924. However, the only placewhere I found a spelling is in the social security death index and only for people in California (3). If you go to www.ssdi.rootsweb.com you just put in Pellouso and see what comes up. Are the people listed relatives of your in California??

What you are looking for is the town of origin in Italy or perhaps the province sinc emost records are in the town of origin in Italy.=Peter=
misbris
Master
Master

Post by misbris »

Hi Tony,
Can you give us a little more information about your family? What was your grandfather's first name? Your grandmother's? Where did they first settle? Names of children? Any clues about what part of Italy they came from? Were they married here? When?
The more info you post, the easier it will be to track them down. We have some great "detectives" on this site.
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Pellouso surname exist not in Italy, and maybe the Pellouso surname in USA is the mistaken version of right italian spelling.. if you can provide more info abt your ancestor, maybe we can help better, regards, suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
pellouso21

Post by pellouso21 »

unfortunately thats the problem i have had. my grandfathers first name is anthony, and his brothers name is joesph. my grandfather came from italy(i was told northern italy but im not sure) and he came over to new york when he was real young his parents moved west and my grandfather ended up in california where he married my grandmother who was originally from virginia(english/irish). i assume the name pellouso was changed while in the USA. but i am not for sure. thanks for the info anymore you can share would be very helpful. and i will check that link out.
thanks tony

ps i will try to get some more information but thats all i could get from my near relatives.
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

Since you confirmed the people listed inthe social security death index are your relatives then you can request your grandfathers ciopy of his orignal soc ial security application SS-5 which has on it hi sparents names, and place of birth. Sometimes people put in Italy and many times they put inthe name of their town of origin and Italy. It will cost you about $27.00 but might be worth the try if you are so inclined. Go to www.ssdi.rootsweb.com and after you bring up the three Pellouso select your grandfgathers name and under SS-5 (in blue) you will get a form letter addressed to the social security adminstration with instrictions to send the letter with the fee.

You should first seek out all the family oral history, perhaps they might know the proivnce your family comes from in Italy or perhaps there is a photograph with a stamp of the local post office in Italy or an old letter or picture of a saint from the town ANYTHING that will produce some infromation. =Peter=
misbris
Master
Master

Post by misbris »

Interesting records

http://www.ellisisland.org/search/passR ... 4174010197

http://www.ellisisland.org/search/passR ... 4723160498

Name Pelonzi does exist. if suanj takes a look, she may be able to figure out what the name really is
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Hi misbris, Pelonzi exist in Italy in Roma area... but it is necessary to know, for right search, the birthdate and death date of Anthony Pellouso, when emigrated, where lived in USA.. etc.. because, yes, arrived in New York, after moved in california from Joseph brother, but the only Joseph that I found was emigrated in 1903, and also I found a Joseph POllouso soldier that came back in USA after the WWI... it seem, if I remember very well, that living or raised in Louisian... but this are only speculation, and for a good search and for to find the right italian spell of surname, we must find the ship's manifest... the author topic said that arrived in USA around 1930... but knowing almost the birthdate can help in the search...kisses, suanj

Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

you can say us if this record is abt Anthony Pellouso( your ancestor) brother?
California Death Index, 1940-1997
about Joseph Pellouso
Name: Joseph Pellouso
Social Security #: 548103384
Sex: MALE
Birth Date: 5 Mar 1901
Birthplace: Massachusetts
Death Date: 22 Apr 1968
Death Place: Fresno
Mother's Maiden Name: Bardesar

in the 1930 census, this Joseph Pellouso declared born in Italy and immigrated in 1903.....

1930 United States Federal Census
about Joseph Pellouso
Name: Joseph Pellouso
Home in 1930: Township 3, Fresno, California

Estimated Birth Year: abt 1901
Birthplace: Italy
Relation to Head of House: Head

Spouse's Name: Julia
Race: White

Education:

Military service:

Rent/home value:

Age at first marriage:

Parents' birthplace:
View Image

Neighbors: View others on page

Household Members: Name Age
Joseph Pellouso
Julia Pellouso
Margaret Pellouso
Antionette Pellouso
2 8/12
Tony Pellouso
9/12
Aretta Ordene(stepdaughter)
Mary Ordene(ditto)
Frank Ordene(stepson)
thanks, suanj

Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

Dear Suanj did you check out the findings by Misbris for the first ellisisland record...............#197 the name is spelled PELOUSI destined to New roc helle, NY aged 30???. I do not like to overlook the obvious. =Peter=
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

dear Peter, from what I understood Antonio "came from italy to new york in the early 1930s or so" .. .. so we must to search in the arrivals until 1957... but for a good find we must to know almost the birthyear... it was young, but of 15... 17... 20 old... what? so it are necessary the right info... baci, suanj

Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
pellouso21

Post by pellouso21 »

Saunj,

all the names you listed are my relatives that i have met at one time or heard of before. what makes me most curious is that i was told by my family that my grandfather (anthony pellouso) was born in italy, but if his father was born in italy and came to the US in 1903 at the age of 3 then that would make no sense poor information im getting from my family. i dont know if its just me but, it frustrates me that nobody in my family has kept track of any of family history. i emailed my father to get some phone numbers or emails of my grandfathers brother and sisters that are still alive and i will contact them to find out more. And i will get back to you with more. thank you so much for your help.
Tony
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

you are saying that:
Tony Pellouso 9/12 old in 1930 was your grandfather? you are saying that Joseph was the father and not the brother of your Anthony?

if so, this is your grandfather????
Social Security Death Index
about Anthony J. Pellouso
Name: Anthony J. Pellouso
SSN: 549-30-9110
Last Residence: 93703 Fresno, Fresno, California, United States of America
Born: 22 Jun 1929
Died: 10 Sep 1994
State (Year) SSN issued: California (Before 1951)

and

about Anthony J Pellouso
Name: Anthony J Pellouso
Social Security #: 549309110
Birth Date: 22 Jun 1929
Birthplace: California
Death Date: 10 Sep 1994
Mother's Maiden Name: Sargenti

in this record the mother name seems Sargenti ( maybe in italian spell it could be Sorgente, Sergenti, Sergenti) but on Julia record I found:

about Julia Pellouso
Name: Julia Pellouso
[Julia Avola]

Social Security #: 545340603
Sex: FEMALE
Birth Date: 14 Sep 1897
Birthplace: Other Country
Death Date: 29 Nov 1989
Mother's Maiden Name: Demassey
FATHER'S SURNAME: Avola

and I don't understand because the same person have Sargenti and Avola birth surname.... on Frank J Ordene death record, stepson of Joseph Pellouso, the mother name is also Sargente... this mean that Julia was widow when married at Joseph Pellouso, and the stepchildren was born in a first marriage in New Jersey:
about Frank J Ordene
Name: Frank J Ordene
Social Security #: 547076989
Birth Date: 4 Jan 1920
Birthplace: New Jersey
Death Date: 8 Aug 1989
Death Place: San Mateo
Mother's Maiden Name: Sargente

also Joseph Pellouso's mother surname could be Baldassarre, Baldassarri etc, instead of Bardesar
-----------------
I found a soldier:
New Orleans Passenger Lists, 1820-1945
about Joseph Pollouso
Name: Joseph Pollouso (Corporal Co.A. 33rd Infantry)
Arrival Date: 15 Apr 1919
Port of Departure: Cristobal, Canal Zone
Ship Name: Kilpatrick
Port of Arrival: New Orleans, Louisiana
National Archives' Series Number: T905_70

http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/1670 ... usokx6.jpg

however the trace is Joseph Pellouso.. he was born in Italy and I don't understand because is wrote Birthplace: Massachusetts when he was born in Italy.. Joseph was naturalized, it is possible to find this record?
regards, suanj

Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
pellouso21

Post by pellouso21 »

suanj,

yes that is correct my granfather passed in 1994 and joesph is his fathers name yes, but he also has a brother named joesph as well he is still living. i just got his email address and have sent him an email to see if he could give me any information but i havent seen him or talked to him since i was 5 yrs old so we'll see. its amazing that u found all that out thank you so much i will get back with more information. thanks again, tony
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

well pellouso21, when you have some other detail, please write it here, so we can help you! regards, suanj

Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH