Famiglia Tonsig

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
silviaf

Famiglia Tonsig

Post by silviaf »

I would like to obtain information about the Tonsig Family. The name of my grandfather is Lino Tonsig, borned in 1910/05/23, sun of Francisco Tonsig and Maria Duca Tonsig, in the north of Italy (Friuli-Udine region). I want to build our genealogy tree and I need more information of his grandfathers, his parents, dates and cities that they are borned.

I thank any help.
Silvia Cristina Fanin
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Famiglia Tonsig

Post by suanj »

silviaf wrote:I would like to obtain information about the Tonsig Family. The name of my grandfather is Lino Tonsig, borned in 1910/05/23, sun of Francisco Tonsig and Maria Duca Tonsig, in the north of Italy (Friuli-Udine region). I want to build our genealogy tree and I need more information of his grandfathers, his parents, dates and cities that they are borned.

I thank any help.
Hi: Tonsig surname is very rare..Currently in all Friuli Venezia Giulia region is present only in Gorizia province(only 6 families in this towns: Gorizia, Monfalcone, Ronchi dei Legionari), not are in Udine province...
http://www.paginebianche.it/pb/cerca?bt ... a&x=40&y=9
Duca surname is very diffused in Friuli Venezia Giulia region and also in Udine province:
http://www.paginebianche.it/pb/cerca?bt ... v=ud&st=10&

You sure coming from Udine area and not Gorizia area??? Regards, suanj
silviaf

Monastero

Post by silviaf »

Thank you for your reply.

The city of my grandfather is Monastero, according of my mother. Would you know to informhow can I get documents of my ancestries?
Silvia Cristina Fanin
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

There are 8 Monastero towns. One Monastero, Monasterolo and 6 others with another word attached to Monastero in Italy. Are you sure of the town? The only Monastero is postale 61021 in the province of Pesaro in the Marche region. Peter
silviaf

Post by silviaf »

I think that my mother does not know where her father was borned. We know that they are from near Trieste, Monfalcone and Udine, but the right city we do not have the name. I will try with some uncle. Thank you for the news.
Silvia Cristina Fanin
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

Go to www.google.com in Brazil and click on the right dot for search apr.. and try to locate the record of arrival in Brazil if the uncles don't know the town of origin. Peter
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Hi Silvia, if your mother remembers Monastero, sure is Monastero...Now not are Monastero Common in Friuli, but are an locality Monastero in Aquileia town (Udine)...regards, suanj
silviaf

Aquileia

Post by silviaf »

I believe that the city is Aquileia, because my grandmother was from there and my grandfather lived near of her. So, is Monastero a place in Aquileia?
Silvia Cristina Fanin
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Hi: Monastero locality is an fraction of Aquileia Common, called(exact spelling) Borgo Monastero =Monastero Village

http://www.praxisfriuli.it/Aquileia/AQUILEA.htm
for to remember your mother Aquileia pictures(hoping) : http://www.praxisfriuli.it/Cartulinis/index.htm
More, In Aquileia are an river, Natissa called...your mother remember it?
In this webpage http://www.praxisfriuli.it/anconis/index.htm in under page are 2 pictures of Monastero(Munastir in Friuli's dialect)...in dx picture some house is looked at of Borgo Monastero.. regards, suanj
silviaf

Post by silviaf »

Thank you for the information, Suanj

My mother is brazilian but she remembers somethings that her parents used to tell about their cities. I am trying to look for more information in google. I am finding interesting information that I think they will help me.
Silvia Cristina Fanin
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Hi Silvia, are only an Monastero village in all Friuli Venezia Giulia and is Borgo Monastero of Aquileia, perhaps is this.... :roll: suanj