giuseppe garibaldi

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
donnasue

giuseppe garibaldi

Post by donnasue »

Giuseppe Garibaldi is my great great grandfather. My moms dad is Virgil Garibaldi born 3-16-1879 his father name was also Giuseppe Garibaldi Im trying to find out when he was born. I think he one of giuseppe son. What are the names of garibaldi kids, I know the names from his first wife. But not the third one and . Names of Menoti children any help would be appreicated
AThank You Donnasue
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

Garibaldi married Anna maria Ribeiro da Silva and had three children: Menotti, Teresita and Ricciotta. I assume you did not want any additional information about other wives and chilredn. Peter
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: giuseppe garibaldi

Post by suanj »

donnasue wrote:Giuseppe Garibaldi is my great great grandfather. My moms dad is Virgil Garibaldi born 3-16-1879 his father name was also Giuseppe Garibaldi Im trying to find out when he was born. I think he one of giuseppe son. What are the names of garibaldi kids, I know the names from his first wife. But not the third one and . Names of Menoti children any help would be appreicated
AThank You Donnasue

Hi:
Giuseppe Garibaldi( the famous General) is second son of Domenico (born in Loano around 1766-died 1843)and Rosa Raimondi (born in Loano the 1770- died.. ?)-dates of LSD -sons of Domenico and Rosa: 1-Angelo, 2-Giuseppe(Nizza Marittima-4 July 1807-died Caprera 2 June 1882-The famous General)....3-...4-...5-...6-...died infant)
Giuseppe Garibaldi spouses:
- 1 wife Anna Maria Ribeiro da Silva born in Morinhos around 1820-died in Ravenna 4 agosto 1849 -first husband Manuel Duarte de Aguiaz died 1842; married to Giuseppe Garibaldi the 26 Mars 1842 in Montevideo;
Child of Giuseppe and Anita:
-Domenico Menotti Garibaldi(Menotti first name is on memory of Ciro Menotti italian patriot-Menotti's picture http://www.grisnet.it/territorio/comune ... aldi/8.gif) born in San Simon, Mostardas-Rio Grande do Soul in Brasile-16 september 1840; died in "tenuta di Carano"Aprilia-22 August 1903; spouse in Bologna:Francesca Italia Bidischini dall'Oglio (5 sons:1-Gemma born 1878;2- Beppino died age 2 in 1888; 3(?)-Anita....sons of Anita adopted from Ravizza Family the 13 July 1951- law:parte 2, serie B3 n° 225 decreto della corte di Appello di Roma-surname of grandsons of Anita Garibaldi is currently: Rivazza Garibaldi; 4-...; 5:.... )
-Rosita Garibaldi
-Teresa Garibaldi (born 1845, died 1903) spouse Stefano Canzio(12 sons),
-Ricciotti Garibaldi born in 1847-died 1927;spouse Costanza Hopcraft the 02 JUL 1874 in Saint James, Westminster, London, England.. main residence in Italy: Garibaldi 's Castle in Riofreddo Common-Rome http://www.mistercarota.com/_media/dedicagari.jpg .
(11 sons: 1-Giuseppe....; 2-Sante; 3-Ricciotti jr; 4-Menotti jr;5- Costante died in battle of Argonne;6-Ezio(Ezio's son: Anita, Giuseppe-.stepbrother of Anita)..); 7- Bruno died in Battle of Argonne; Giuseppe Evangelisti; 9:Longo;10-....;11-....; picture of Ricciotti sons-not Bruno and Costante dieds: http://www.esoteria.org/documenti/perso ... elisti.jpg );

-2 wife: Francesca Armosino(born in Asti province-died 1923, married in 26 January 1880 with Giuseppe Garibaldi-daughter: Clelia born in Caprera the 16 February 1867, died 1959;2-Rosita;3:Manlio born in 1873-died 12 january 1900);
-3 wife: Lady Giuseppina Raimondi born in Fino Mornasco the 1840(left the same day of the wedding happened to or Corno the 10 January 1860, why perceived from an anonymous letter that the Lady was pregnant of an other. Marriage null the 14 January 1880 ;

friends in love of Giuseppe Garibaldi:
-Emma Roberts,
-Speranza Von Schwartz(Germany-also alias Elpis Melena),
-Battistina Ravello(servant coming from Nizza- daughter Anita born in Caprera -Agust 1859).

Regards, suanj
donnasue

son who had virgil

Post by donnasue »

virgil garibaldi born 1879 to guiseppi joseph garibaldi and last Rocca. Trying to find G joseph date born and his father name which one of G garibaldi sons
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: son who had virgil

Post by suanj »

donnasue wrote:virgil garibaldi born 1879 to guiseppi joseph garibaldi and last Rocca. Trying to find G joseph date born and his father name which one of G garibaldi sons
sorry: I have not understood well, I can write more clearly? Virgilio was an of the sons of Menotti Garibaldi? And Rocco is an other son? In fact lack 2 names! Moreover tried the birthdate of Domenico Garibaldi, (father of Giuseppe Garibaldi and grandfather of Menotti)? I have understood well? I hope that the search made for you has been of your pleasure..thanks, suanj
donnasue

Thank you

Post by donnasue »

Wanted to Thank you for the posts .It help alot.I also want to aplogize for my last post. I was in a big hurry. Can anyone give me the date of birth for Ricciotti first son Guiseppe Garibaldi? and is he also called Peppino the general? Donnasue
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Thank you

Post by suanj »

donnasue wrote:Wanted to Thank you for the posts .It help alot.I also want to aplogize for my last post. I was in a big hurry. Can anyone give me the date of birth for Ricciotti first son Guiseppe Garibaldi? and is he also called Peppino the general? Donnasue
Hi: Giuseppe (Peppino) Garibaldi it was truly General. Ricciotti Garibaldi, born in Montevideo-Uruguay the 24 FEB 1846...
but are an Giuseppe Garibaldi( son of Riciotti Garibaldi born around 1851 a Melbourne-Australia, this are homonymus of Ricciotti Garibaldi born in Montevideo???) born the 29 JUL 1879 Melbourne, Victoria, Australia. Regards, suanj

Ps:I have added other details to my previous message
donnasue

more help

Post by donnasue »

Thank you for all the information. What I need to know is there
A guiseppi garibaldi born 1840 -1860- See may grandfather was born in 1879 his name is Virgil Garibaldi, His father name was Giuseppe Garibaldi he married his wife last name was Rocca.This picture with garibaldi with his third wife . Does any one know the children names and dates born
http://www.sc.edu/library/spcoll/hist/garib/garib5.jpg
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

try www.gopogle.com and insert in title Garibaldi Children. Peter
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

Try www.google.com and insert GARIBALDI CHILDREN in title. Peter
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

HI: are two Giuseppe Garibaldi grandsons of Giuseppe Garibaldi senior(the famous General).
1- Beppino(diminutive of Giuseppe) Garibaldi died infant in 1888, son of Ricciotti Garibaldi.
2-Giuseppe Garibaldi son of Menotti Garibaldi. Born in 29 JUL 1879 (data of LSD)..your date is 16 Mars 1879..there is some discrepancy between birthdates...
In your picture Garibaldi family, sure are Giuseppe Garibaldi senior (its ace is very known -the famous General), the wife(Francesca Armosino) and some sons...Beyond to Giuseppe Garibaldi (the famous General), are many others Giuseppe Garibaldi homonymus, been born in those years.
You are sure that Virgilio Garibaldi, son of Giuseppe Garibaldi son of ...??, is legacy from effective relationship with Giuseppe Garibaldi the famous General? . Regards, suanj
donnasue

Post by donnasue »

I am pretty sure. I remember my aunt showing us the pictures in album
books. How many kids did the famos general Garibaldi have. Thanks for for the replies
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

donnasue wrote:I am pretty sure. I remember my aunt showing us the pictures in album
books. How many kids did the famos general Garibaldi have. Thanks for for the replies
OK: on web not are others record, but for your question you demand the Foglio di Famiglia of Ricciotti Garibaldi to:

Ufficio di Stato Civile
Via Costanza Garibaldi, 6
00020 Riofreddo(Roma)
Italia
Fax + 39 0774 929501

therefore will know exact birthdate of Ricciotti' s son. In this Common, Ricciotti constructed a villa-castle, currently become museum, and it lived with its family.
This document serves to knowing the just birthdate's first son of Ricciotti: Giuseppe. With certainty of this data the search will concern directly on Giuseppe Garibaldi jr...if this thought is right it can be discovered subsequently name of Giuseppe's wife and name of sons...Regards, suanj
Donald Hoff

Post by Donald Hoff »

My GGgrandfather Giovanni Domenico Mariani
was a good friend of Guiseppi Garibaldi, and lived with him on Staten Island, NYC in 1850-52. (Look up Garibaldi Museum in NYC on Google) GG said that Mariani was his favorite cook. One of my GG uncles was named Garibaldi, as was a custom.
Nor sure how much Mariani travelled with GG.

There's an extensive Garibaldi Museum and Collection at Campanella Collection at Rare Book Library at University of South Carolina. I visited that Library in May 2004, and held the actual battle sword which the people of Uruguay gave to Garibaldi. Many fine books and resources there.
Also look up Antonio Meucci on Google. Believe that Prof.Basilio Cantina has written on GG as well as Meucci.
lololo
Rookie
Rookie

Post by lololo »

anita garibaldi was the first wife os giuseppe and she was born in Laguna, southern brazil