Scognamillo

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
pilot

Scognamillo

Post by pilot »

Is any one doing research on: Scognamillo. I found one on the surname list, but when I tried to send an email it was returned.

My wife's grandfather was Salvadore Scognamillo. He was born in or near Naples around 1867. He married Concetta Pasquale; she was born around 1874. They came to the U.S.A. about 1890. In 1911 they made a trip from New York City to Naples, and return to New York, on the S.S. Coronia, bringing with them all seven of their children. My wife's father was one of those children. His name was Eugenio (Eugene) and he was born in New York and lived his entire life there. We have the names of all of the other children and their ages at the time of the trip to Naples, so we know their approximate birth years. All of the children were born in the U. S. with the possible exception of one.

Any info or ideas that you might have would be greatly appreciated.

Pilot
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

go to www.google.com an dinsert the words Scognamillo genealogy in the title and if anyone is condcuting research on the surname it will show up. Peter
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Scognamillo

Post by suanj »

pilot wrote:Is any one doing research on: Scognamillo. I found one on the surname list, but when I tried to send an email it was returned.

My wife's grandfather was Salvadore Scognamillo. He was born in or near Naples around 1867. He married Concetta Pasquale; she was born around 1874. They came to the U.S.A. about 1890. In 1911 they made a trip from New York City to Naples, and return to New York, on the S.S. Coronia, bringing with them all seven of their children. My wife's father was one of those children. His name was Eugenio (Eugene) and he was born in New York and lived his entire life there. We have the names of all of the other children and their ages at the time of the trip to Naples, so we know their approximate birth years. All of the children were born in the U. S. with the possible exception of one.

Any info or ideas that you might have would be greatly appreciated.

Pilot
Hi: Your wife's ancestor not is emigrated first time about 1890. In Italy from 1880 to 1891 not are record for Salvatore Scognamillo or Paschal Concetta. But I' ve found this record, very(!!!) probable

http://www.ellisislandrecords.org/searc ... 4534010221

In this manifest, are line 221 Salvatore Scognamello(sure are Scognamillo misspelled) age 23, and in line 222 are Concetta Pascale(sure Pasquale misspelled) age 22..I do not succeed to read ship's Manifest, but in the version text it is much leggibile..also age are very probable....Regards, suanj
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

Dear Pilot Thank you e-mailing me your gratitude for assisting you. it is not necessary to thank me personally since the forum is open to both gratitude and complaints. Peter
pilot

Scognamillo

Post by pilot »

Dear Suang,

Thank you very much for the research you just did on my behalf. You definitely found both Salvadore Scognamillo and Concetta Pasquale.
I was able, with your information, to go into the Ellis Island records and find that actual script (original handwritten passenger list. On the list the name Scognmillo is spelled fairly clear and correct. So, as you indicated there was a minor error in the spelling of the typed name (Scognamello... the 'e' should have been an 'i'. Thanks again for your great work.

Now how do I find the parents of Salvadore and Concetta!!!?

John
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Hi Pilot, You have read with precision origin' s place...???please let me known, regards, suanj
pilot

Post by pilot »

yes, both Salvatore Scognamillo and Concetta Pascale show Naples (Napali) as their residence prior to coming to the U.S.A. This is shown on the passenger list of the ship that brought them to New York.

John
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Hi : if your know ancestor born in Napoli town, for know your relationship in Napoli town, is necessary know exact birthdate and parent' s ancestor name. Then it can be continued with the search.
Therefore to send in italian language a letter to:

Ufficio di Stato Civile di Napoli
Piazza Dante
80135 Napoli (NA)
Italy
" Certificato di nascita" of Scognamillo Salvatore born around 1879 and "Certificato di Nascita" Pasquale Concetta born around 1880; include euro 5 for any certificate.
Letter form in italian: www.circolocalabrese.org

Known these data, you will be able to write one letter to the Scognamillo living in Naples:
http://paginebianche.virgilio.it/pb/cer ... li&x=0&y=0

Moreover you can send an email in Italian language to: nofla@rdn.it (subject=Archivio Emigrazione Cilento)
of Alfonso Toscano (http://web.rdn.it/nofla/AEC-1.htm all Campania region emigration's website ) asking to insert a message in guestbook and to help you in search...(are free)

Regards, suanj
pilot

Scognamillo and Pasquale (Pascale)

Post by pilot »

Hello Suanj,

Thank you again for taking the time to give me this valuable information.
I appreciate your help very much; you are most thoughtful and obviously have a greatdeal of expertise. I will make efforts to go further now. And maybe get in touch with you again.

Pilot (John)