Surname: Bono from Saluzzo, Cuneo

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
leabono

Surname: Bono from Saluzzo, Cuneo

Post by leabono »

My g-grandfather died in Argentina, in his Death Certificate said he born in Saluzzo, Cuneo; but it did not specify the day he born. I think was between 1810-1850. I wrote a request to the commune about his Birth Certificate, but I did not have any reply yet. I saw few Bono surname in the paginas bianca, but I do not think would be appropiate to contact them.
Any comment or suggestion how I can find what I am looking for?
Lea Bono, Toronto, Canada
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Re: Surname: Bono from Saluzzo, Cuneo

Post by PeterTimber »

If you give me his full name and the date and place of his demise in Argentina perhaps we will get lucky with the 1895 census and the other records in the Registrio Civil to which he pertained.

I hope you receive some good news from Itakly but it looks gloomy since they do not even have any record in the FHL for civil records in Saluzzo and trying to find information in the Saluzzo main Cathedral along with the remaining other 8 churches in Saluzzo is a formidible task indeed.

Lastly some of the 5 people in saluzzo may know something about hte family and since even genealogists write to people with same surnames you can too!!!!!!!!!! Go to www.mangeruca.com and sleect the potential relative letter and write one and send that letter to all 5 with a return envelope and a Canadian dollar inside for stamps to encourage a reply.

Please get back to me so we canget you started. =Peter=
leabono

Post by leabono »

Thanks Peter for your response.
My g-grandfather name was Pedro Bono, he died in Josefina, Santa Fe, Argentina on July 18, 1930, 87 years old. In the Death Certificate, specify he born in Saluzzo, Italy. For that information, he born in 1843.
Thanks again.
Lea
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

Dear Lea I am sorry but the 1895 census did not contasin any reference to pietro (or Pedro) Bono born in 1843 so I guess there is nothing immediate to tell you but I am glad you received the death certificate with his date of birth. Lots of Luck =Peter=
leabono

Post by leabono »

Thanks again Peter. Will be possible for you to check for Pietro Bono in the range +- 10 years from 1843? (1833-1853)
I am asking that because family members mentioned me, the information that immigrant provided was not always accurate (like age, skills, profession, etc.).
I would really appreciate if you can do that.
Lea.
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

There are no Bono surnamed persons listed living in Josefina, provincia Santa Fe at this present time but I will try to obtain any information about him thru Church records in Josefina. In Argentina church records are kept in different levels of the church so I will have to hunt them starting with the local church(es) in Josefina. I will get back to you as soon as possible.=Peter=
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

I did manage to come across The Bono surname listed as coming from Saluzzo, Cuneo province and furnished by a woman named FLOR LACOLO with a no longer existing e-mail address seeking information about him? Just thought I would run this by you for what it is worth.=Peter=