Salaparuta, province Trapani, region Sicily

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
johnlabarbera
Veteran
Veteran

Salaparuta, province Trapani, region Sicily

Post by johnlabarbera »

I am looking for anyone who may have research or records on this comune in Sicily. I think my great grandmother Antonina Accardo and her family may be from here.
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Re: Salaparuta, province Trapani, region Sicily

Post by PeterTimber »

There are 6 persons currently residing in Salaparuta (Trapani) postale 91020 who are surnamed Accardo. You can either send one letter to all listed Accardo persons there and ask them if they are related or you can obtain the requisite FHL microfilm for Salaparuta for civil records of all births,marriages and deaths from 1820 to 1900. (www.familyserach.or for location of nearest FHL library). =Peter=
dvaccaro
Rookie
Rookie

Post by dvaccaro »

hey john,

i have access to a few Salaparuta records (they happen to be included on microfilms i use for the nearby town of Santa Ninfa).

i can search Deaths 1873-1899 and Marriages 1866-1899 if you have something specific you'd like me to look for.

do you have anything more to go on? parents' names?
~ Santa Ninfa, Trapani, Sicily ~
~ San Nicola da Crissa, Catanzaro, Italy ~
dvaccaro
Rookie
Rookie

Post by dvaccaro »

okay... i just read the thread and summary regarding the Accardo/Ugo family in the other forum... seems that some things could indeed be found on the microfilm i have access to. let me know if you'd like me to look for anything next time i visit the FHC.
johnlabarbera
Veteran
Veteran

Post by johnlabarbera »

Thanks....dvaccaro...

Giuseppe Accardo/Vittorio Ugo and Giuseppa Bruno were both born about 1848 and I believe were married in about 1872. I think if you could look in the marriages and find them it may help solve a lot of mystery we currently have on who Giuseppa Bruno really married, an Accardo or a Ugo!!!

By the wayI have Maggio in my family tree through marriage, Mike Maggio born in Siciliy 17 Jul 1893 died in Beaumont Texas 4 Sep 1974
dvaccaro
Rookie
Rookie

Post by dvaccaro »

cool. i'll check the film for you next week.

for what it's worth, i checked Salaparuta on http://www.avitree.com and see Accardo, Bruno and Ropollo all there, but no Ugo. in fact, i don't see Ugo anywhere near there. doesn't mean much. i'm just sayin'.

lots of Accardos in Santa Ninfa as well, by the way.
johnlabarbera
Veteran
Veteran

Post by johnlabarbera »

very interesting....this has been a real mystery....i think Ugo's are really from the nortwest Italy...my Accardo side had mostly light colred hair and blue eyes...makes me wonder...thanks so much anxious to hear from you
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

There are many light skinned, blue eyed blondesand red heads in Abruzzo as well as a result of the resettlement of the 10th roman legion when they returned to Italy from Roman briton enroute to the Jewish wars and dropped off their veterans in Abruzzo in one of those Roman GI bills passed by the Roman senate to open up Abruzzo. another perspective.=Peter=
johnlabarbera
Veteran
Veteran

Post by johnlabarbera »

duplicate
mrbeaubo

Post by mrbeaubo »

Sorry to bring up a dead topic, but dvaccaro, are you still around to help me with a lookup in that area?
erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

mrbeaubo wrote:Sorry to bring up a dead topic, but dvaccaro, are you still around to help me with a lookup in that area?
What specific names and dates are you researching from Salaparuta? It is one of my ancestral towns, and I did a lot of research years ago on some of the surnames from the town.
Erudita
aussiejoe

Post by aussiejoe »

Hello
My names Joe im from Australia, I was googling trying to find information and came across this page, id love to know where online I could find information on my family who came to Australia from Salaparuta in 1969 after the big earthquake in 68

so far I know members are from "La Sala" Poggioreale, Gibellina and possibly a great grandfather from Catalafimi,
any help is hugely appreciated.
MerMer

Post by MerMer »

Vittorio Ugo did marry Giuseppa Bruno. Just was in Salaparuta and saw the record.

He was ignoti -- a foundling of unknown parents.

Giuseppa's parents were a Bruno and Nunzia Roppolo.

I believe Vittorio emigrated with their daughter Caterina -- later Kate on the SS Trinicia on November 7, 1892.

Giuseppa Bruno came with the others. I think about 1898.

I believe their were four sisters. Caterina (Kate), Antonina (Lena), Giuseppa (Josephine or Josie), and Nunzia (Nancy). Perhaps there was a brother or brothers too -- a Framcesco (Frank)? I think all were born Ugo's. How they can to be called Accardo I do not know unless Vittorio could not acknowledge his true parentage until he left Salaparuta.

I do know there was a close link to the Accardo's both in Salaparuta and then in Louisiana.

Nunzia is my husband's bis nonna.

Giuseppa's sister's children also went to the same area in Louisiana.