What is the next step

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
ChrisMosca
Elite
Elite

What is the next step

Post by ChrisMosca »

I've been told by the commune of treai that most of their records before 1866 have been lost. They said that they will still see if they can find anything on my great-great grandfather Salvatore mosca, if they say to me that they can't find anything else on him or his family what would be the next step for me to do?

thanks!!!
Looking for the surnames Mosca( Marches ), Pizzoglio (Piedmonte), Chiacchiera, Lobasso(Bari), Gallo(Malvito), Azzolina (Messina).
edbcedp

Re: What is the next step

Post by edbcedp »

Have you tried the www.familysearch.org?

I have the same problem because my ancestors born in these period that Austria lose the war and some regions returned to Italia.

Try the German comuni name (maybe helps!), what is comuni?

Carlos
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

Dear Chris There just might be a military record for him for the period prior to Italy unificiation in 1872 even though it was under another jurisdiction. It might be worth a try to send an e-mail to theChieti military district which has jurisdiction for Macerata. Their address is CEDOC_Chieti@esercito.difesa.it and ask if there might be a record for him. I would write in simple english if you cannot write in Italian (English is the second language and is mandatory in schools in Italy). =Peter==
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

PeterTimber wrote:... prior to Italy unificiation in 1872 ...
Italy was unified in 1861.
The Italian parliament met for the first time on Feb 18, 1861 and the Kingdom of Italy was established on March 17, 1861. The Capital was Torino.
Roma was annexed in 1870.
ChrisMosca
Elite
Elite

Post by ChrisMosca »

does this sound fine

Ciao mi chiamo Chris Mosca e cerco qualunque informazioni che lei potrebbe avere su Cesare Mosca nato nel 20/08/1872 nel treia, Macerata, Italia ed o suo padre Salvatore Mosca.
Looking for the surnames Mosca( Marches ), Pizzoglio (Piedmonte), Chiacchiera, Lobasso(Bari), Gallo(Malvito), Azzolina (Messina).
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

Ciao, mi chiamo Chris Mosca e cerco qualunque informazioni che lei potesse avere su Cesare Mosca nato a Treia (MC) il 20/08/1872 e su suo padre Salvatore Mosca.

To whom are you writing? The letter may change slightly, depending on the recipient. (If the recipient lives in Treia, you don't need to specify the province, MC)