Actis alesina family

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
baggsy

Actis alesina family

Post by baggsy »

Hi I am new here so please be patient with me..!
I am researching my Mothers family tree, know as far as grandmother, great grandma but her husband my Gr grandpa and there after s a mystery gr grandma and my Nan were was also were Italian.My Mother was born in Paris and came to England with her parents in the war her father was English.can anyone help with any info to fill in the gaps..

His full name is ----PIETRO ACTIS/ALESINA although my grandma dropped the Alesina..He was born in 1884-died in 1900's? 50s/60 I guess.would like info on him and back from him, occu, m and births..Last place we heard he lived in Turin..any help much appreciated as been doing this so long now without much success..
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Re: Actis alesina family

Post by PeterTimber »

Dear Baggsy The surnames are fairly common so what is a body to do? May I suggest that you see if he has a military record. Trusti ng that he was born and lived in the Torino area I would send an e-mail or write to cedoc-torino@esercito.difesa.i or write to the "Sfondi-Desktop" military command Corso Unione Sovietica100, Postale 10100, Torino, Piemonte and ask for his military record si nce you know his full name and year of birth and city of origin. =Peter=
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

I found only this record, but abt a Pietro Actis-Caporale born in 1884, in travel with Margherita wife, both coming from Caluso(Torino province) and joining at Alfredo son in California:

New York Passenger Lists, 1820-1957
about Pietro Actis-Capordle
Name: Pietro Actis-Capordle (Caporale)
Arrival Date: 28 Mar 1940
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1884
Ship Name: Conte di Savoia
Search Ship Database: View the Conte di Savoia in the 'Passenger Ships and Images' database
Port of Arrival: New York, New York
Line: 1
Microfilm Serial: T715
Microfilm Roll: T715_6454
Page Number: 90

U.S. World War II Draft Registration Cards, 1942
about Pete Caporale Actis
Name: Pete Caporale Actis
Birth Date: 22 May 1883
Residence: Kern, California
Birth: Caluso, Italy

Race: White
Roll: WWII_1307999

I don't find a Pietro Actis-Alesina.....
-----
I don't know if this is your ancestor... with surname Actis-Alesina are this records:
about Giannina Actis Alesina
Name: Giannina Actis Alesina
Arrival Date: 8 May 1954
Port of Departure: Genoa, Italy
Ethnicity/Race¬/Nationality: Italian

Ship Name: Vulcania
Search Ship Database: Search the Vulcania in the 'Passenger Ships and Images' database

Line: 2
Microfilm Roll: T715_8450
Page Number: 89

about Marisa Actis Alesina
Name: Marisa Actis Alesina
Arrival Date: 8 May 1954

Ship Name: Vulcania
Search Ship Database: Search the Vulcania in the 'Passenger Ships and Images' database

Line: 3
Microfilm Roll: T715_8450
Page Number: 89

about Michele Actis Alesina
Name: Michele Actis Alesina (son of Ignazio in Caluso-Torino, IT; joining Pietro CAUSA cousin in Cambria, PA, USA)
Arrival Date: 16 Sep 1921
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1896

Port of Departure: Napoli
Ethnicity/Race¬/Nationality: Italian (North) (Italian)
Ship Name: Regina d Italia
Search Ship Database: Search the Regina d Italia in the 'Passenger Ships and Images' database

Nativity: Torino
Line: 8
Microfilm Roll: T715_3023
Birth Location: Torino
Birth Location Other: caluso
Page Number: 80

about Secondino Actis Alesina
Name: Secondino Actis Alesina
Arrival Date: 12 Sep 1953

Ship Name: Conte Biancamano
Search Ship Database: Search the Conte Biancamano in the 'Passenger Ships and Images' database

Line: 1
Microfilm Roll: T715_8363
Page Number: 206

about Pietro Actis
Name: Pietro Actis
Arrival Date: 25 May 1913
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1875
Port of Departure: Havre

Ship Name: La Lorraine
Search Ship Database: View the La Lorraine in the 'Passenger Ships and Images' database

Nativity: Italy
Line: 11
Microfilm Roll: T715_2086
Birth Location: Italy
Birth Location Other: caluso
Page Number: 129

---------------------
if you can provide more details maybe we can help better, regards, suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Maurizio
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Maurizio »

Hi Baggsy.

Living in the area, I can absolutely assure you that ACTIS is a typical surname of the town of CALUSO, where it has been and still is very common: so common that sometime in the past they needed to add a second surname in order to individuate different families.
ACTIS ALESINA is a surname still present today, together with the ACTIS
CAPORALE (same surname that Suanj found), ACTIS DATO, ACTIS GROSSO, ACTIS PERINO, etc.: there are in total more than a dozen else of different second surname following the first one Actis, as you can see in the telephon listings at the following link
Pagine bianche

I've learned that nothing is totally sure in genealogy, but I'd bet anything that your ancestor's roots are in this town (pop. about 8.000) located about 25 km. N-E of Turin.
If I were in your shoes, been sure of Pietro's year of birth, my first attempt would be to write an email to the Vital Records Register of in Caluso ( anagrafe@comune.caluso.to.it ) and ask them if they could find and provide you his Birth Act.
Also, the LDS microfilmed the church registers of Caluso for the same years, and if you have the time and the chance to go in one of their Family centers, you could obtain the same result.
Finally, you could consider writing directly to one of the ACTIS ALESINA families currently living in Caluso, and see if they know something or are at least interested in trying and discovering if and how you may be related.

Hope this helps.
Ciao,
Maurizio
baggsy

Post by baggsy »

Thank you for all the info...I am very sure of dates as my mother has visited his grave and we have photo's of it...A while back now though..
I know something about him ie he was stage theatre actor, his wife was Tereasa she never spoke english so had very little information from her...
Would just like to trace back to his parents through him as tree stops at great granparents...might try an e-mail do they understand english/ dont know italian i'm afraid..
Mothers memory is not to good now but will see if i can extract some more memories from her, have loads of phooto's but he is very young in them..

The family mentioned above is no relation, he never left Italy my gr gran mother came to live in England after he died..no connection with USA..
Maurizio
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Maurizio »

Baggsy,
I'm sure that if you write in plain English, the officer in Caluso should be able to understand what you are looking for.
Or you can copy and paste in your message the following lines:

"Gentili signori,
sto effettuando una ricerca genealogica dalla quale risulta che un mio diretto antenato si chiamava Pietro Actis Alesina, nato in Italia ma poi emigrato in Inghilterra. Di lui so soltanto che è nato nell'anno 1884, molto probabilmente a Caluso.
Vorrei gentilmente richiedervi se vi sia possibile controllare i vostri archivi per l'anno 1884, rintracciare e farmi pervenire copia del suo atto di nascita, oppure indicarmi con quali altre modalità questa ricerca può essere condotta. Sono naturalmente disponibile a rimborsare eventuali spese di spedizione.
Confidando in un cortese riscontro, porgo
Cordiali Saluti
(your name)"

In a few days you should get an answer: please, let us know if it worked.

Ciao,
Maurizio
baggsy

Post by baggsy »

Thank you so much for your help, I have sent a short message along with yours in an e-mail, so will look forward to the reply...It was very kind of you write it for me in Italian...I will let you know as soon as I hear anything back..

After speaking to Mother again today, she remembers him working at the fiat car company in torino and apparently he lived near by? as well as acting as armature theatre actor.. :)Part of last known address is..
Via mbuonarrott 10
Maurizio
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Maurizio »

baggsy wrote:After speaking to Mother again today, she remembers him working at the fiat car company in torino and apparently he lived near by? as well as acting as armature theatre actor.. :)Part of last known address is..
Via mbuonarrott 10
That makes sense.
The correct address probably was: "Via M. Buonarroti, 10" (where the "M" stands for "Michelangelo", the famous Italian painter). That street is dowtown Turin, and quite close to former headquarters of Fiat in Turin.
Ciao,
Maurizio
dm.actis

Post by dm.actis »

Hello, we are of the family Actis in Brazil. We want to know more on our family. I know that we are of Torino in the region of Piemont. We know which some brothers came to work Brazil in the railroad with train. One of my them Encore abô Maximum Actis. He is still my msn for contact.
MSN: praia.imbassai@hotmail.com

Danilo Actis