no birth record found!

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
davidlatour
Rookie
Rookie

no birth record found!

Post by davidlatour »

I just received a response from the Province of Cosenza stating that my g-grandmothers birth record was not found! They said they found the surname Ferraro present there, but could find no record of her first name. :o On the Naturalization record of my g-grandfather it states that she was born in Acri (CS).... do you think the SF consulate would accept this statement of no record since I'm applying through my g-grandfather and not my g-grandmother?
Surnames: Campaniello - Ferraro - Paliano - Basile - Benvenuto - Rigieri
davidlatour
Rookie
Rookie

Re: no birth record found!

Post by davidlatour »

Concerning the coy of the birth certificate for Rosaria Ferraro

In reference to the above, this is to communicate that the research carried out based on the records of Acri (CS) came up negative. The inquiry confirms that the last name Ferraro is found in Acri but not the particular name stipulated above. The work was completed by Ms. Giuseppina Occhiuto.

-------------------------------------------------------------

I just noticed that my grandmother's birth certificate has my grandmother's name as "Rosaria" which is the name I requested, but the naturalization certificate of my g-grandfather has his spouse listed as "Rosa." Do you think the archives would have sent the birth certificate anyway if one existed with this small of a discrepancy?
Italysearcher
Master
Master

Post by Italysearcher »

If you also provided the name of her father, Yes!
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
davidlatour
Rookie
Rookie

Post by davidlatour »

Well, unfortunately I don't know the name of her father.... Would you suggest that I reply to their e-mail stating name variations?
davidlatour
Rookie
Rookie

Post by davidlatour »

i just got my g-grandparents marriage certificate which had the names of their parents. Would it be of use to e-mail the archivo with that information?