Coccini - immigration to england

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
caity

Coccini - immigration to england

Post by caity »

Hello
I'm trying to research my family history and I know my fathers family came from Italy. I think Sicily but I cannot be sure. The two names are coccini (which I think was changed to Cocking) and Mayall but I don't know what this was changed from. If anybody has any information on where these names come from or if you know what Mayall was changed from this would be very helpful to my research.
Please post a reply or email me if you have any information at all.
Thank you
Caity
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Coccini - immigration to england

Post by suanj »

caity wrote:Hello
I'm trying to research my family history and I know my fathers family came from Italy. I think Sicily but I cannot be sure. The two names are coccini (which I think was changed to Cocking) and Mayall but I don't know what this was changed from. If anybody has any information on where these names come from or if you know what Mayall was changed from this would be very helpful to my research.
Please post a reply or email me if you have any information at all.
Thank you
Caity
Hi: in previous your topic I've reply on Coccini..for Mayall..probable in Italian this surname are Maiali(or Maiolli or Magalli), present in Lazio region..also Coccini but only in Rome(and also Maiali and Maiolli and Magalli present in Rome).. :roll: suanj
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

Caity did youi check them out in the census or english immigration websites for their arrival in England? Peter
JoyAnn

Post by JoyAnn »

Caity;

My Great Grandmother's surname was Ciccini. Perhaps you could look under that name. When here in the US, the name Ciccini was changed to Cicenia. Hope that helps.
My family was from Laviano, Italy.

JoyAnn