Need help please!!

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
smazzoni

Need help please!!

Post by smazzoni »

Hi,

I'm trying to find my great grandfather town. I have some papers and his passport number but I was unable to get a website to check information about his pasport.

Basically, I found a paper of him that says something like this (is reeeally old so I can't read very well):

... che si relasia a Soldato Mazzoni Giuseppe domicilio nal Comune di ***Mondurana*** -this is the place I couldn't found-, Mandamento di Fermo Distretto militare di Ascoli Piceno ... etc

I did a search using Mondurana, Mandurana, etc etc, but nothing... does somenone of you have any idea about this place?

Thanks
Biff83
Master
Master

Re: Need help please!!

Post by Biff83 »

Hello smazzoni and Welcome!!

A possiblilty:

Town of Monte Urano, province: Ascoli Piceno - region: Marche

Biff
"Mintammicce impizzu mpizzu ca pue largu minne fazzu sule!"
smazzoni

Post by smazzoni »

Thanks for you answer Biff,

I thought the same in the beginning, but I've called this comune and they didn't know anything about my great grandpa. I even was once in the Ascoli Piceno (I'm from Argentina), because at firts I thought that he cames from that city, but in the civil registry they gave me a list with dozens of little towns (Monte Urano was between those). Unfortunately, is a single word that shows up in the paper, so all "monte" prefix are not valid :(

Do you know if there's a way of look at some personal information of someone in Italy putting their Passport number?

Thanks!!
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

it could be Monterubbiano, or Montedinove? also Monte Urano, as biff suggested is right..... but from what you say, he was domiciled in "MONDURANA"... ... no born.....you can show us the paper?
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
smazzoni

Post by smazzoni »

it could be Monterubbiano, or Montedinove? also Monte Urano, as biff suggested is right..... but from what you say, he was domiciled in "MONDURANA"... ... no born.....you can show us the paper?
suanj
Good news, I've found a copy of his passport. I show you a scan (file is attached. I see that it says "nato a:" but I dont understand the place, it looks confusing. Province is clearly Ascoli Piceno. Can you understand it?

I can also say that Biff was right, in his passport, i'm almost sure that it says "residente a: Monte Urano". It's funny because in the other paper I told you it shows clearly "Mandurana". It's bad written and you were right!

I will also try to search for his born date, because isn't clear in the passport copy. Unfortunately I dont have the original ones.

Thanks sooooo much!!
smazzoni

Post by smazzoni »

It says "nato a: Fermo"?
pink67
Master
Master

Post by pink67 »

Hi smazzoni,
I read:

Mazzoni Giuseppe, son of Antonio and Cudini? Rosa, born in FERMO (Ascoli Piceno Province) on June (or January?) 17, 1895, resident in Monte Urano (Ascoli Piceno Province)...

Laura :D
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

adding: born the 12 June 1895 in Fermo, resident in Monte Urano
regards, suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
smazzoni

Post by smazzoni »

Thanks to you all. I have no words to thank your help!