Parentage Trace (1942)

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
JasonTreeby

Parentage Trace (1942)

Post by JasonTreeby »

We are trying to trace the parentage of my wifes late father.

He was born in 1942 in Italy or Austria, possibly Bolzano. We know who the mother is but not the father. Can anyone advise if there is a way to search and find out?

Any help appreciated.

Jason Treeby
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

What is his name and when was he born and what makes you think it was Italy or Bolzano. Did his father give the child his name? Peter
JasonTreeby

Walter Johann Tambos

Post by JasonTreeby »

His name was Walter Johann Tambos. We belive he was adopted by Toefil Domanski c1959.

The mother was Ermlinda Rosa Tambos, and she and her family were from Bolzano in Italy (or was it Austria at this time?). We understand that she fell pregnant out of wedlock and came to England where she married a Polish Solider, Teofil Domanski.

We understand that Walter was sent for around 1959 to come to the UK, and was adopted by Teofil.

Who was he living with until he was 17? Who was Walters blood father? This we do not know.

My wifes dad, Walter, died when she was young, (1982) and her Mum
said that he was never told who the real father was.

We think he was born on 26th April 1942.

Can anyone assist?
JasonTreeby

Walter Johann ?

Post by JasonTreeby »

Come to think of it we are not 100% sure that he would of been a tambos when born. This was an assumption that he took the Maiden name. He could well of had the fathers name.
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

In Italy the town of birth is the repository for birth records. Your vague account of who and what you want is beyond my ken. If you wish assistance then get organzied about the facts and start at the beginning. Peter
JasonTreeby

Post by JasonTreeby »

I do apologise but this is all the info we have. Without a medium i am unable to find out any more as her father and grandmother are dead.

Where can we start?
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

From the beginning and tell me all of what you know. perhaps I can fill in some of the cracks. Peter