Surname Talerico

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
yow91

Surname Talerico

Post by yow91 »

Searching for any information on the surname Talerico from Calabria, Cosenza Italy. My great grandfather was Salvatore =, he also went by Sam on the 1930 Federal US Census. Looks like he may have came to America in 1913 or 1914. Wife Sarah and daughter Mary came over a year later.
antonio144

Post by antonio144 »

wow thats very calabrese! distinctively
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

trace your family backward from the present to the past. Go to www.ellisisland.org for vital data such as town of origin since Cosenza may only be the province and in italy it is necessary to know the town of birth where documents exist and perhaps relatives as well. The ellisisland data will also show age and that will give you year of birth. You can then go to teh family history library and look up your entire family history oin microfilm once you knopw the town of origin. The Famiuly Hoistory Library is a Mromon church institution and there is one near your home thruout the world. Peter
mire

talerico

Post by mire »

do you happen to know what city in cosenza your great grandfather is from, my great grandmother is amelia talerico from Rose, Cosenza
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

Mire the purpose for the posting was that the person posting the initial inquiry is unaware of the town of origin of his family sp your question to him is not logically consistent with the facts as they are known at this time. Please be patient until the town of origin is known. Peter
yow91

Post by yow91 »

i do know where my great grandfather was from. He was from San Giovanni in Fiore, Cosenza.
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

I asked you about the town of origin in Calabria and you never replied so I assume you did not know. Since you do know the town of origjn and have no other specific requests, lots of luck to you. Peter
yow91

Post by yow91 »

Peter at the time i posted the first message i did not know the specific area. Since that time I have spoken to a family member that told me about San Giovanni in Fiore. I am still looking for any family that may be out there.
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

There are 79 Talerico in San Giovanni in Fiore. If you go to www.paginebianche.it and put in talerico in the first line and the town int he 3rd line and clcik CERCA all 79 will show up. YUou may wish to consider persons with the same first names used by the Talerico in your family since first names tend to stay in one family in Italy and then write to them in very simple english or italian if you know the language., Peter