paginebianche.it Results for Russo - Am I stupid?

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
lisagooley
Rookie
Rookie

paginebianche.it Results for Russo - Am I stupid?

Post by lisagooley »

I did a search for "Russo" in Montesarchio on the paginebianche.it Web site. There are about 9 pages (68 matches) of Russo's listed in that area.

I didn't think that was too many (some appear to be duplicates and businesses). Compared to the level of frustration I am feeling in making the connection to the Russo "cousins" I have already mentioned on this site - I think it is worth it to spend the money and take the time to write each person a letter containing all the information I know and asking if the information is familiar to any of them. Is this a stupid undertaking?

Have I totally gone bonkers with this research?
BillieDeKid
Master
Master

Re: paginebianche.it Results for Russo - Am I stupid?

Post by BillieDeKid »

I don't think it's stupid at all.

Make a letter on your computer in English then post it on the translation forum and ask if someone could translate to italian for you. Run off as many copies as you need and and just sign your name with your address and email address at the bottom.

Hopefully you'll get some written responses as well as some emails. Couldn't hurt.
juanminbar
Veteran
Veteran

Post by juanminbar »

lisa if its your goal to connect with family then it is a great idea. what you might do is zero in on similar names as a start. if the past is any indication of what has taken place then today's family names are a direct link to older family members.
the only change is taking the italian name that has been americanize.
the most important thing is ''patience''

good luck, john
Barga

Post by Barga »

There are Russos in Glasgow Scotland too.
I watch quiz shows on Italian TV RAI and I found out that Russo
Meaning "red" in southern dialect is the most common surname in Italy
Barga

Post by Barga »

PS

One of them in Scotland was named "SCAR FACE RUSSO" and was in and out of prison in Scotland. Such a pity because italians generally were the best ever imigrants