surname Faraone/Panetta/Rochetti

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
mfaraone

surname Faraone/Panetta/Rochetti

Post by mfaraone »

Looking for any info on the following surnames Faraone, Panetta, and Rochetti. I am especially interested in Faraone. I have recently learned that there may be a spanish origin prior to Italy and quite possible an Egyptian and Palestinian connection before that. Does anyone know if Faraone traces back to these countries prior to Italy. Appraently it translates to Pharoh or king in Egyptian and Spanish. And I recently learned that there is a small village in Palestine name Faraone. Any info helpful. My family is orginally from Calabria and Naples. My Grandfather had a brother that he was supposed to meet here and they never did so Iam sure thare are many Faraones out there that I may be related to. There are not many at all where I live though. I look forward to hearing from you. What a great site
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

why not go to www.google.com and inserft the surname and the word research alongside to see if anyone has condcuted any research on the name(s) You might just want to put in the surname and nothing else to discover their roots and history. Peter
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: surname Faraone/Panetta/Rochetti

Post by suanj »

mfaraone wrote:Looking for any info on the following surnames Faraone, Panetta, and Rochetti. I am especially interested in Faraone. I have recently learned that there may be a spanish origin prior to Italy and quite possible an Egyptian and Palestinian connection before that. Does anyone know if Faraone traces back to these countries prior to Italy. Appraently it translates to Pharoh or king in Egyptian and Spanish. And I recently learned that there is a small village in Palestine name Faraone. Any info helpful. My family is orginally from Calabria and Naples. My Grandfather had a brother that he was supposed to meet here and they never did so Iam sure thare are many Faraones out there that I may be related to. There are not many at all where I live though. I look forward to hearing from you. What a great site
Hi: Faraone surname (and also Faraoni) present in Italy, coming from place-name of longobard word " Fare or Farae=become in italian language Fara" that means "family, issue, lineage". In fact with "Fara" word to are also many town in Italy founded from the Longobards (people of Germany that occupied part of Italy.) Faraone: means inhabitants of "Fara" and are traces of this surname around XVI°/XVII° century..regards, suanj
MariaFaraone

Re: surname Faraone/Panetta/Rochetti

Post by MariaFaraone »

My name is Maria Faraone,
I am also looking for information on the Faraone surname.
My Father was from Scido in Reggio Di Calabria, and his Father Delia Nuova.
I have also come across a lot of connections with the surname being a translation for Pharoah. I'd love to keep in contact.

Maria