Looking for record of Great Grandparents coming to New York

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
Rosemary1000

Looking for record of Great Grandparents coming to New York

Post by Rosemary1000 »

As I understand it my great grandparents came to New York from Sicili and were only here about a year they would have arrived 1906. My grandfather was born while they were here then they returned to Sicili. I found the record for when my grandfather came back to US when he was 18 but I am not able to find anything about my great grandparents. Any ideas for where I would look?

Rosemary
BillieDeKid
Master
Master

Re: Looking for record of Great Grandparents coming to New Y

Post by BillieDeKid »

Hi Rosemary,

I posted some information on your thread with the photo of the tombstone so you can review records from Alcamo.

To help you find manifests you'll need to post the full name of your great grandfather and the full name (including maiden name) of your great grandmother. Then we can help you find the manifests (hopefully). You should also include their approximate year of birth and possible children with ages that may have traveled with them.

Regards,
Elizabeth
allinadaze

Post by allinadaze »

Where can I find the thread with photo of tombstone's in Alcamo? My family is from Alcamo. The surname is Ammoscato.
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Post by johnnyonthespot »

In the first post above, click on Rosemary1000's username. On Rosemary's profile page, look to the right and you will see info on her posts which total only 5. Click on Search User's Posts to see the threads Rosemary was part of.

Should not be too difficult to locate the thread with the photo.
Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)
erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

Here's a link to the thread, but the photo is no longer visible.

http://www.italiangenealogy.com/forum/language/9328

Erudita