Searching: Fiori in Sassoferrato, Ancona, Italy

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Dminico17

Searching: Fiori in Sassoferrato, Ancona, Italy

Post by Dminico17 »

Searching for information pertaining to anyone with the surname Fiori from Sassoferrato, Ancona, Italy.

John and Maria Fiori of Sassoferatto are parents of Dominic Fiori who left Italy for the USA Feb 23, 1908 (DOB Apr 25,1885). Dominic is my Grandfather and his death records (DOD Aug 30,1963) indicate that his brothers Enrico and Guilio and sister Anna lived in Italy.

Any information would be appreciated.

Quinto Fiori
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

...AS AN ADDITION TO YOUR OTHER INQUIRY ON SEEKING INFORMATION, YOU MUST BEAR IN MIND THAT YOU ARE GOING TO DO THE RESEARCH AND WE ARE JUST GOING TO REFER YOU TO WEBSITES, ADDRESSES AND OTHER EFFORTS. tHE RERDSEARCH IS YOURS TO PERFORM UNLESS A CURSORY CHECK IS ALL THAT I NEEDED. pLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOU WISH TO BECOME DEEPLY INVOILVED IN GENELAOGY SO THAT i CAN REFER YOU TO AN EXCELLENT GENEALOGY BOOK AS WELL TO A LIBRARY WHERE YOU CAN GO THRU REELS OF MICORFILM OF CIVIL RECORDS IN iTALIAN. dO YOU SPEAK, READ OR WRITE iTALIAN? pETER
Marcas
Rookie
Rookie
Location: Marche (in picture: the Pope venerates Our Lady of Loreto in the real Loreto, which lies in Marche)

Re: Searching: Fiori in Sassoferrato, Ancona, Italy

Post by Marcas »

here's my late results:

on Domenico Fiori:
- born 1885
- in Scorzano hamlet, south of Sassoferrato city
- birth house
https://www.google.it/maps/place/60041+ ... f3e46e2e1a

- father: Giovanni, in native italian spelling (even wikipedia says john=giovanni)
- mother: Lucia (not Maria, more details will follow)

his father Giovanni Fiori:
- born 1845

his mother Lucia Rachini:
- maiden surname was Rachini, then Fiori when married
- born 1851
-- Marcas

Expert in Marche region Image
Origins, surnames, emigrations, families, certificates of birth marriage and death...
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Re: Searching: Fiori in Sassoferrato, Ancona, Italy

Post by PeterTimber »

I owe somebody an apology even I had to wince at myself. The beer is on me. How can I help? Peter
~Peter~