Need Info on Selvaggio and Salinaro

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
luvangl33

Need Info on Selvaggio and Salinaro

Post by luvangl33 »

Hello~

I am searching for info on "Selvaggio", my grandmother who imigrated to the US came over in the 1920's. She was born on October 13, 1921. She was about 3 or 4 I believe when she came across. Her name at birth was Vincenza or similar, she doesnt remember the exact spelling because her name was changed as soon as she got to the US. I've looked on the Ellis Island website and have not found her.

Also my grandfather was Salvatore Salinaro. He was born in Chicago, IL in October, I believe in the 1920's. His mother and father were imigrants from Italy. I can not find any info on him or his parents.

Any info would be appreciated!!!
Thank you
Jennifer Summers
Luvangl33@aol.com
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

Jennifer are you sure about the dates of your grandmothers arrrival in the USA? There is a Vincenza Selvaggio that entered the USA on December 2,1912 with her mother Serafina D'Angelo and her brother Giuseppe to join their father Alfredo selvaggio. Is this your family???? Please advise Peter
luvangl33

Post by luvangl33 »

My grandmother was born on October 13, 1921. She is now 82 years old. The date of arrival was before she was born. I believe her mothers name was Josephine.

Thank you for your help!!!
Jennifer
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

Thanks Jennifer I was not sure if you really knew what date she arrived in the USA but now you must kjnow that the uSA did not maintain ellis island records as a listing after 1921 so the family would not appear. thge only immigrants that would show up are those who came to the USA from Italy or anywhere else for that matter before 1921. To find information aboutr your family you need to know the otwnof orign in Italy they came from in order to research your family. Please be specific as to what you want to know and whether you wish to find relatives and obntain documents such a s birth records or marriage records or death records. Peter
luvangl33

Post by luvangl33 »

Thank you for your help!
I will ask my grandmother some more questions. I will try to find out where they originated from.

Any info on the Salinaro Family? All I know is my grandfathers name was Salvatore Salinaro born in the 1920's in Chicago, IL. His parents immigrated here before he was born, so they should have records for his family right? I wish I had his parents names but I do not.

Thank you for your help again!
Jennifer
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

Why can't you obtain his birth certificate?? Peter
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Hi: and the first name Vincenza's(or Vincenzina diminutive) father?? Please let me know..
here are arrivals childrens Selvaggio from 1920/1924...

http://stevemorse.org/goulnik/match1.ph ... agesize=50

regards, suanj
luvangl33

Post by luvangl33 »

Yes, that was her! Thank you so much.....I looked right over it because I thought that the spelling of her name was wrong. WOW, i am so excited now.

Now all I have to do is find her father coming over to ellis island, he came over before them, i have no idea when though.

Thanks again
Jennifer summers
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

luvangl33 wrote:Yes, that was her! Thank you so much.....I looked right over it because I thought that the spelling of her name was wrong. WOW, i am so excited now.

Now all I have to do is find her father coming over to ellis island, he came over before them, i have no idea when though.

Thanks again
Jennifer summers
Hi: IF Vincenzina Selvaggio emigrated in 1923 http://www.ellisislandrecords.org/searc ... 1959020199 is your Granma, from reading ship's manifest are Giorgio Selvaggio father and mother Ignazia Morana..all family coming from Modica Alta (Ragusa province-Sicily)..are only Giorgio Selvaggio on ellis island(misspelled Salvagio and in ship's manifest Salvaggio) coming from Modica Alta(Ragusa-Sicily) emigrated in 1922, wife Ignazia Morana:
http://www.ellisislandrecords.org/searc ... &dwpdone=1
It is this your ancestor??? Please let me know
Regards, suanj
PS: for Salinaro are only an record with final destination Chicago:an Francesca(female), coming from Burgio(Sicily) emigrated in 1905 http://www.ellisislandrecords.org/searc ... 2395090550
you know the first name Salvatore's father..mother's name??
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

Suanj came to the rescue as I had forgotten about the website. I had a cosmic moment I guess. Lucky she is around to pick up the pieces!!. Look for the Salinaro birth certificate which will have the parents names. Peter
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

ptimber wrote:Suanj came to the rescue as I had forgotten about the website. I had a cosmic moment I guess. Lucky she is around to pick up the pieces!!. Look for the Salinaro birth certificate which will have the parents names. Peter
Troppo buono Peter!! (Very good Peter!!!):wink: suanj[/img]
luvangl33

Post by luvangl33 »

Yes, they are my ancesters. Thank you and everyone else for your help. Now I have the missing pieces.

As for Salvatore Salinaro his mothers name is Anna and father Joseph, I did not see them in the records.

Thanks again
Jennife Summers
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

luvangl33 wrote:Yes, they are my ancesters. Thank you and everyone else for your help. Now I have the missing pieces.

As for Salvatore Salinaro his mothers name is Anna and father Joseph, I did not see them in the records.

Thanks again
Jennife Summers
Hi. not are records for Giuseppe Salinaro married, only for single, please let me know other details(final destination, marital status etc, aproximative year of emigration...any profit info ..), regards, suanj
luvangl33

Re: Need Info on Selvaggio and Salinaro

Post by luvangl33 »

It has been a while everyone, and I have finally got a copy of my grandfathers birth certificate. His fathers name is Giuseppe Salinaro born approx. 1879, Burgio. I looked him up in the Ellis Island records and I have found 3 records that could be him. Can anyone help?? Are all 3 of these records the same person??

Also, his mothers name is Anna Salvagio, born approx. 1880, I can not find her anywhere in the records, she also was born in Burgio, Italy.

Any help would be great!!!

thanks

Jenn
ricbru
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Need Info on Selvaggio and Salinaro

Post by ricbru »

luvangl33 wrote:It has been a while everyone, and I have finally got a copy of my grandfathers birth certificate. His fathers name is Giuseppe Salinaro born approx. 1879, Burgio. I looked him up in the Ellis Island records and I have found 3 records that could be him. Can anyone help?? Are all 3 of these records the same person??

Also, his mothers name is Anna Salvagio, born approx. 1880, I can not find her anywhere in the records, she also was born in Burgio, Italy.

Any help would be great!!!

thanks

Jenn
Hello,
it looks like that Giuseppe Salinaro booked twice, but at the end didn't leave to New York on 1903, because his records are lined up!
You can contac NARA and request the copy of manifest ship list of vessels arriving to other U.S. ports

About Anna Salvagio you can have her birth record contacting:
Comune Di Burgio
Ufficio di Stato civile
Piazza Iv Novembre, 1
92010 Burgio (AG)

or Archivio di Stato di Agrigento

http://wwwdb.archivi.beniculturali.it/S ... RIGENTO%22

I hope it helps, bye ricbru