Public records office

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
fernanda1956

Public records office

Post by fernanda1956 »

Where do I go to find out who the rightful owners are of a piece of land in Casarano? I've tried the Commune Casarano but they do not know.
Also, If I want to trace my surname, how do I do this and do I have to pay for the information?

thank you in advance
Fernanda
juanminbar
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Public records office

Post by juanminbar »

Casarano, province: Lecce - region: Puglia

Comune di LECCE (LE) - Puglia -

http://www.comune.lecce.it

perhaps if you wrote or sent an e-mail to the province they would be in a position to offer you advice or the answer to your search.

ciao, john
fernanda1956

Post by fernanda1956 »

ok I'll try this.Thankyou.I'll let u know how I get on
Italysearcher
Master
Master

Post by Italysearcher »

I think others who live in Italy would agree that its HOW you ask the question that gets you the answer you want.
The way you phrased the question is aggressive, and implies that some one other than the current owner is the rightful one.
Many emigrants gave up their right to land they owned when they failed to respond to the Comune for some reason, didn't pay the taxes etc.
Sometimes land was claimed by the town for widening the road for example. They are not about to get into a discussion with a foreigner about rightful ownership.
When you say you want to trace your surname, do you mean your family tree (pedigree), or the origin of the surname itself?
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
fernanda1956

Post by fernanda1956 »

Thankyou for replying.I shall rephrase the way I ask when I next write to them.It's hard to know where to go to if I want information about the deeds to a certain land.
I also am trying to research my family tree on my fathers side.He was born in Casarano Lecce and sadly passed away there in 1984.We would like to start a family tree on my fathers side.