Giampaoli Family

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
seg113

Giampaoli Family

Post by seg113 »

I'm Steven Giampoli from White Plains, New York, USA. My paternal great-grandfather was Giavonni (Valenti) Giampaoli. Giavonni was born in Ciciana, Lucca, Italy on August 12, 1879. His father was Guiseppe Giampaoli. His mother was Alessandrina Ciucci. Giovanni was married to Eugenia Pagnoni on November 7, 1898 in Italy.

I am looking for all available genealogical information pertaining to above's ancestors and their family members.

Any assistance from you will be greatly appreciated.
VaDeb
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Giampaoli Family

Post by VaDeb »

Hi Steven,

All available information is quite a large subject. What research have you done and what records do you have? What do you want to discover?

You will find lots of help here, but I find genealogy most rewarding when I make a discovery and can do the happy dance. Let us help you get started.

Have you traced your ancestor through census records?

Debbie
seg113

Post by seg113 »

Debbie, Yes, I researched thru the Ancestry.com and ellisislandrecords.org websites and found many Giampaolis that came to United States. I would like to think that many of them are my cousins but the connections could not be determined until our ancestors in Italy are identified. I researched some FHL microfilms. I am glad that I found my great-grandfather's (Valente) brothers and sisters. I would like to go back farther and try to find out who were Valente's father's parents, brothers and sisters. FHL doesn't have microfilms that cover any civil records dated before 1865. Any suggestions?

Steve
chanyn

Post by chanyn »

Hi Steven My Great Great Grandmother was 'Ortenza Giampaoli" From Lucca Italy. Married to Guiseppe Bernardini , They had three children Pompollio , Ludovico(sp) and Octavio who is my Great Grandfather. I am not sure when they were married I know that They came over to the USA Via Ellis Island sometime in 1902 And lived in Fort Bragg California.

Any information if there is any relation I would be so excited to know.

thank you :P