Teta Family

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Debbie5775

Teta Family

Post by Debbie5775 »

I am researching the Teta Family. Guisseppe (Juisseppe) 1848-1919 wife Philomena (Filomena) 1851-1934. Possibly from Nusco or nearby. Son Ralph Tate 1875-1959 & his wife Maggie (Delsordo)?? 1878-1964. Daughter Maria Antonetta (Mari Antonia) 1877-1953 married to Michael Cavalcante 1874-1957 in Italy. Daughter Vincenza 19 Apr 1883- 26 April 1920 Married to Joseph Cavaliero. All emigrated and were deceased in USA. Would appreciate any help. Thanks
Debbie looking for Tate Family information. Tate family from Edenborn, Pa original name Teta.
vj
Master
Master

Re: Teta Family

Post by vj »

Hi Debbie,
Welcome to the Forum :D !

Not sure which records you are missing for your family…
Here’s a possible 1900 census for reference.
Valarie

1900 census
Home in 1900:
Vanderbilt Village
Dunbar, Fayette, Pennsylvania

Head Joseph Late 52, Feb 1848 IT
- married 27 yrs, abt 1873
- immig 1885, in US 15 yrs, Al
- day laborer
- rents house
Wife Filman Late 48, Mar 1852 IT
- 6 children born, 3 children living
- immig 1894, in US 6 yrs
Son Ralph Late 25, May 1875 IT
- married 3 yrs, abt 1897
- immig 1886, in US 14 yrs, Al
- day laborer
Daughter-in-law Maggie Late 21, Jun 1878 IT
- immig 1897, in US 3 yrs
G-Daughter Filman Late 1, ? 1898 PA
G-Son Joseph Late 1.12, Apr 1900 PA
vj
Master
Master

Post by vj »

Debbie,
Found this tree on rootsweb with several of your family names, is it your research or a possible 'cousin'?
Thanks!
Valarie

Cavalcante from Nusco, Italy
say
Rookie
Rookie

Post by say »

Well, I was able to find some information on your family with my Nusco database, and here it is:
Giuseppe Maria Teta, born in 1848 married to Filomena Maria Napolillo, born in 1852 (daughter of Stefano and Teresa Ranese). Giuseppe Maria Teta is the son of Raffaele Amato Salvatore Teta(Born 1809) and Orsola Concetta Mongelluzzo (born in 1811 daughter of Biagio and Maria Cavalcante) Raffaele and Orsola were married in 1840. Raffaele is the son of Nicola Teta (died in 1837) and Rosa Pastore. Nicola is the son of Giuseppe and Maria Rullo. This is as far back as I am able to go with your line, but it does take you back to the late 1700's at least.
Children of Giuseppe Maria Teta and Filomena Napolillo:
Raffaele - born 1875
Maria Antonia - born 1877
Vincenza - born 1879 - died 1880
Vincenza - born 1881 (I believe you have an incorrect date of 1883)
Antonio - born 1882 - died 1885
Amato Michele - born 1885 - died 1886

I am not sure what else you would like to know, and you can contact me at say5@earthlink.net with any questions. My family is also from Nusco, and we are related somewhere down the Mongelluzzo line!
Sherry
vj
Master
Master

Post by vj »

Hello Sherry :D !
What wonderful records!
suanj found the Del Sordo family from Nusco on this post:
http://italiangenealogy.tardio.com/Foru ... html#70450
Valarie
say
Rookie
Rookie

Post by say »

I hope you enjoy. Richard Tate has been e-mailing me since I posted this and I have given him a bit more information. If you want to know anything further, please let me know. We are related, by the way!!
Sherry say5@earthlink.net
Debbie5775

Post by Debbie5775 »

Dear Sherry I don't know how my Uncle Rich Tate and I can thank you for all the info that you have sent. I am from South Jersey and was up visiting my Uncle in Edenborn, Pa where he lives and where our family is from. Researching our family is something we both have been interested in doing for along time and just have done a little on we really did not know how to start except going to the library in town and researching the paper achives in two days you gave us more info than we could have both found in years. I can't tell how excited we were each email you sent and also Valerie. Please keep in contact because we are related and we are so truly thankful we are and that you have taken an interest in our family also. My Uncle and I can't believe how wonderful people are on this site and how helpful you have been. Maybe we will meet sometime....Please know that we both would like to thank you....Sincerely Debbie Truhan, Woodbury Heights, NJ (Ralph and Maggie Tate's (Teta) great-granddaughter
Debbie looking for Tate Family information. Tate family from Edenborn, Pa original name Teta.
say
Rookie
Rookie

Post by say »

It makes my heart smile to know that this information has brought so much joy to your family. It took me 4-5 years to complete this Nusco database. I only did this, I thought, out of my own desire to learn more about my Italian heritage. I had no idea God had another plan besides, but the journey He has allowed me to be a part of has been a joyous one. I have met some wonderful people in their own search, and gained more of my extended family in the process - a win win situation for me! Please do not hesitate to e-mail me at say5@earthlink.net to stay in touch, and hopefully some day, we can meet in person.
Your cousin, (distant thought it may be)
Sherry
vivamaggie

Post by vivamaggie »

Amongst your Tetas have any of you possibly found a link to my Tetas of Torella Dei Lombardi, also in Avelino? I have a Nicola Teta (1872) who was married to olivia or olympia (not so sure about that name) and who went to America (Port Washington NY) as an adult, but then lost his legs in an industrial accident and returned to Italy. He had a son Ferdinand who fought for Italy in WWII, Ethiopian campaign and died of malaria and a son Nicola who had 2 sons who relocated to Argentina and a daughter, Giussepina Maria who relocated to Bronx NY with her husband Giussepe Michele DeFilippis. I believe Nicola the older had a brother Francesco who married Rosa. Their family also relocated to Port Washington NY. I know that Olivia or Olympia or whoever Giussepina's mother was had a sister who married a brother of Nicola. I would love to know of any possible connections or info.
Debbie5775

Post by Debbie5775 »

vivamaggie I think this could be our family. I have emailed my Uncle who has been doing all of the research and doing a great job. As soon as I hear back from him I will let you know. I know that he also belongs to this site so we will be back in touch. This has been a truly exciting experience and we are finding new relatives as well as finding info about our past. Look for more info to follow we could be cousins.

Deb
nisey73

Post by nisey73 »

Debbie, I too am related to the Teta's (Tate's). My grandfather was Ralph Tate from Uniontown,PA. born in 1924. I am working on my family tree now on ancestry.com and just got back far enough to Mongelluzzo's & Cavalcante's. I would love to hear from you, you can find me under denisecritchfieldgarner on ancestry or look me up on facebook. I do have Richard Tate on my fb page, found out he is a distant cousin of mine.