Help translating e-mail

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
tlucente

Help translating e-mail

Post by tlucente »

Received this e-mail today. I was hoping someone could translate it for me and then help me compose a reply thanking them for their time and effort. I believe the e-mail is telling me they could not locate a birth certificate for my grandmother.
Richiesta estratto di nascita

COMUNE DI SAN GIOVANNI IN FIORE (CS)
UFFICIO DELLO STATO CIVILE
Egregio Signor Thomas J. Lucente Jr.
In evasione alla Vs. richiesta, si comunica che consultato il registro degli atti di nascita di questo Comune dell'anno 1901, non risulta nata nessuna persona con le generalit? di ZAZA Immacolata Annunziata il 25 marzo 1901.
L'UFFICIALE DELLO STATO CIVILE
Rosa ALESSIO
Thank you for your time
Sirena
Elite
Elite

Re: Help translating e-mail

Post by Sirena »

In evasione alla Vs. richiesta, si comunica che consultato il registro degli atti di nascita di questo Comune dell'anno 1901, non risulta nata nessuna persona con le generalit? di ZAZA Immacolata Annunziata il 25 marzo 1901.
Rosa ALESSIO

In reference to your request, I'm communicating(notifying) that I consulted the register of the birth certificates for this town in 1901, the result was that no one was born with the (following) information of Zaza, Immacolata Annunziata, March 25, 1901.
Rosa Alessio
Official of the Civil State
tlucente

Post by tlucente »

Sirena wrote:In evasione alla Vs. richiesta, si comunica che consultato il registro degli atti di nascita di questo Comune dell'anno 1901, non risulta nata nessuna persona con le generalit? di ZAZA Immacolata Annunziata il 25 marzo 1901.
Rosa ALESSIO

In reference to your request, I'm communicating(notifying) that I consulted the register of the birth certificates for this town in 1901, the result was that no one was born with the (following) information of Zaza, Immacolata Annunziata, March 25, 1901.
Rosa Alessio
Official of the Civil State
Thank you very much. I thought it said something like that, though I am still learning Italian so I wanted to make sure.

How would I reply:

Dear Miss Rosa Allessio,

Thank you very much for your search of the register of birth certificates. I appreciate your time and effort.

Sincerely,
Biff83
Master
Master

Post by Biff83 »

If the following is the correct Immacolata Zaza travelling with husband Antonio Lucente to Dayton OH, the ship manifest shows her birhtplace as S. Nicola. Husband Antonio, born Cutro.

Page 1
Page 2

Question is which San Nicola. Use the following link to a website which has alphabetical lists of towns and hamlets in Italy.
http://www.italyworldclub.com/

One possibility is San Nicola dell'Alto which is relatively close to Cutro and San Giovanni in Fiore.

Biff
"Mintammicce impizzu mpizzu ca pue largu minne fazzu sule!"
tlucente

Post by tlucente »

Biff83 wrote:If the following is the correct Immacolata Zaza travelling with husband Antonio Lucente to Dayton OH, the ship manifest shows her birhtplace as S. Nicola. Husband Antonio, born Cutro.

Page 1
Page 2

Question is which San Nicola. Use the following link to a website which has alphabetical lists of towns and hamlets in Italy.
http://www.italyworldclub.com/

One possibility is San Nicola dell'Alto which is relatively close to Cutro and San Giovanni in Fiore.

Biff
Biff,

Thank you for taking that effort. That manifest was the first time that I had seen San Nicola. All my other information had her growing up in San Giovanni and living there when my grandfather met her. I am not sure why I thought she was born there as well, probably just an assumption.

I had sent letters to both San Giovanni and San Nicola dell'Alto using the same logic you used. Also, the manifest seems to say it was San Nicola in Catanzaro, which was San Nicola dell'Alto until the 1990s (I believe) when it became part of Crotone just as Cutro did. Hopefully, my letter to San Nicola will meet with greater success.

But again, thank you for taking the time to do that search. I appreciate it.

Tom