Searching for family members

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
kennethchiocchi

Searching for family members

Post by kennethchiocchi »

Hello,
My name is kenneth chiocchi. I am searching information concerning my great grandfather and great grandmother.

Bother are from Avellino Italy.

His name is Pasquale Chiocchi
Her name is unknown.

He married this unknown women sometine in the year 1909-1911 I am guessing. He traveled to the united states with her and son generoso "Joeseph" chiocchi he was between the age of 4-6 months old when he arrived to the United States at ellis Island. Just a few months after their arrival my great grandmother unknown passed away. Pasquale took his son back to Avellino Italy and remarried to Lucia Marcario. He then brought the two back to the states in 1912.

The bad part is I do not know who my great grandmother is from Pasquales first marriage. I am in the hopes of solving this mistery and possibly finding other relatives in Italy.l

Let me know please,

Kenneth Chiocchi
kenneth.chiocchi@radianz.com or
cologero@patmedia.net
Seeking my long lost family, one day Ill find out who is who
Essgee
Master
Master

Post by Essgee »

Hi Kenneth......

Paquale arrived first on Aug. 7, 1902, going to Paterson to meet his uncle, Carmine Chiocchi. He was single and listed at age 20. He was traveling with a brother or cousin, Vincenzo Chiocchi, age 19

There is another record for him for June 28, 1911. Listed as married at 29 years, traveled on the ship Princess Irene, out of Naples, living in Valle di Avellino. Best part is that it stated he left his wife, Assunta Rego, back in Avellino on his return.

The last record if his arrival on May 15, 1912 on the ship Berlin. He has his wife, Lucia Maccaciano age 24, and son Generoso, age 2 with him. He left his mother, Maddelena Marotta back in Avellino.

In the 1910 census of Passaic, Paterson, New Jersey, ED 138, page 4A

Chiocchi, Pasquale, age 27, married 2 years, born Italy, arrived 1901,
----------, Susan, age 18, married 2 years, had one child, one child
living, born Italy, arrived in 1906
----------, Joseph, age 2 months, born New Jersey
----------, Syvestano, brother, age 17, arrived in 1910, born Italy
----------, Angelina, sister, age 22, arrived in 1901, born Italy

Hope this helps!
kennethchiocchi

Post by kennethchiocchi »

Essgee

This sounds terrific, however, I know he only cam to the states 2 times. once in 1911 and again in 192. My relatives told me this. They could be mistaken....

Is it possible there are two pasqules's from avellino ?

Also is there a way to find out the birth dates of all 3 entries of Pasqual?
Also is there a address listing in Avellino for this person?

So sorry to bother you....

Can you send me a copy of the records?

Any thing will be much help....I was looking at the Ellis island records and I did see these 3 entries....I am not sure all 3 belong to the same Pasquale...Can we be most certain it is?

Thanks so much for your help.

Kenneth chiocchi
Seeking my long lost family, one day Ill find out who is who