Santoni Family

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
VianaSantoni

Santoni Family

Post by VianaSantoni »

I have been able to trace my ancestors all the way back to Juan Domingo Santoni and his wife, Lorenza Massey, both born in Corsica some time in the 1700s. Juan and Lorenza were the parents of Pedro. At some point in his life, Pedro immigrated to Puerto Rico, where he met and married Ana P. Oritz de la Renta. Pedro and his wife gave birth to Adolfo (married to Ramona Santoni-Gonzalez). Adolfo and Ramona gave birth to my grandfather Herminio (married to Carmen Gonzalez), who then gave birth to my father William.

I would appreciate any information that anyone can provide about my ancestors.

Thank you in advance,

Viana
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Re: Santoni Family

Post by PeterTimber »

Corsica is a french island and part of France not Italy. However if you go thru the www.familysearch.org under ancestor search all resources and put in the first and last names of interest to you and nothing eklse you will come across many many persons surnamed Santoni. =Peter=
VianaSantoni

Post by VianaSantoni »

Corsica belonged to the Republic of Genoa until 1770 when it was incorporated into France. Italian was the national language until then. The timing is perfect. Even though I don't have exact dates for Juan D. Santoni and Lorenza Massey, I'm certain that they lived in Corsica during the middle to late 1770s. As far as I've been told, Santoni is an Italian surname. Isn't Massey French? Thus, we have the French taking over an island previously inhabited by the Italians and thus Santoni, the Italian, meets Massey, the French woman. They fall in love, marry and produce my family.

The Santoni name is found all over the world, including Italy, Corsica, USA, etc. I'm interested in members that are related to Juan and Lorenza that immigrated to Puerto Rico.

By the way, thank you for the link. Unfortunately, I can't find anything more than what I already know. But thanks, anyway.

Thank you,

Viana
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

Santoni is a variation of the base surname Santi and is distributed thruout central andNorthern Italy as well as Sardinia in 567 cities, towns and villages. www.gens.labo.net/en/cognomi for name spread in Italy.

Have you scoured Puerto Rican websites and The Spanish La Gracia list of immigrants to Puerto Rico in Spain? =Peter=
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

I do not want to overlook the obvious but http://www.en.wikipedia.org/wiki/corsic ... uerto_Rico appears to be something you most likely have researched but JUST IN CASE!! here it is. =Peter=
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

....one more www.hispagen.es and put Puerto Rico for 376 items of interest... =Peter=
VianaSantoni

Post by VianaSantoni »

Thanks, Peter. You've given me some new links. I appreciate it.

After I've exhausted the Santoni family research I'm moving onto my husband's family which is definitely 100% Italian.

Again, thanks,

Viana
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

...one more goodie!! Francia Santoni, 1862 immigrated to Argentina from Pietroso, Provincia Vezzano on the Island of Corsica. =Peter=
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

There is also a Circolo Shardana association in NYC for Corsicans...interested? =Peter=
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

Circoloshardana@yahoo.com is the e-mail address and the address is 358 Thomas Avenue Lyndhurst, NJ 07071. =Peter=
VianaSantoni

Post by VianaSantoni »

Once again, thank you, Peter. I appreciate the leads.

Viana
Giloliver

Post by Giloliver »

Viana:

Juan and Lorenza are also my anscestors via Pedro Santoni Massey-Aristides Santoni Ortiz de la Renta-Juan de los Santos Santoni Rodriguez de Seda-Belen Santoni Artau-Edna Vazquez Santoni, and would like to exchange information. Please contact me at gilbertooliver@gmail.com.
samhaine

Post by samhaine »

I decend from Adolfo Santoni. My great great grandfather was called Don Christian Santoni and his daughter was my grand mother Elsie Santoni. He also had one other daughter and two sons.

My grandmother was raised in Rio Piedras, Puerto Rico. Which is were much of my father still resides including my uncle Papo Christian.

Are there any other relatives here?
Marisol Santoni

Post by Marisol Santoni »

I decend from Cristian Santoni, he was my grandfather, my mother was the other daughter you mentioned. Her name was Lydia. I would like to exchange information with you. My email address is: Santonim@comcast.net.
Dianesharpe

Post by Dianesharpe »

gw.Geneanet.org has information on the family of Pedro Santoni Massey
Son of Jean Dominique Santoni and Lorenza Massey.