Foresi, Pannone death cert. Still can use some help!

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
findtheForesi
Rookie
Rookie

Foresi, Pannone death cert. Still can use some help!

Post by findtheForesi »

I just got the certified death Certs for grand parents; Giuseppe Foresi and his wife MaryAngela. His father and mother info says Unbotainable!
He was born 3 /19/1881 date of death 3/12/1951 70yo. address says 23 Ridgwood Pl. Bpt. CT USA ..Looks like he lived with a stomach cancer for the last 2 years of his life.. no maiden name for his wife Mary was listed. This is listed on Moms birth cert as Paonnone or Pannone! hard to read it.
Mary passed away at 48 years old.. Cerebral Hemridg. died 11/14/1932 birth data year is listed at 1884. Father and Mother also listed as unobtainable. Residence said 148 Linen Ave Bpt. CT.
Also mentions How long if foreign birth in US. @ 23 years.
Reverse side of her document says occupation shoe sales. I don't think she will have a SS# but I can see Giuseppe will he was listed as a Builder.,
Any other thoughts, comments would be welcome.
Thank SO Much!
Searching for cugini in Italy! Vitulano, Ciazzo, Ruviano, Casertta, Corridonia Macerata.
Our Family would love to connect with cousins should they be interested. Foresi-Pannone-DiMeo-Esposito
Poipuo4
Elite
Elite

Re: Foresi, Pannone death cert. Still can use some help!

Post by Poipuo4 »

Do you know their place of birth in Italy? With the birthdate for Giuseppe, it should be relatively easy to obtain one via mail or, if you are lucky, the LDS library could have microfilm of the town's records. Have you thought about visiting the state Library in Hartford? They have a great genealogy dept. It is the same building as the Supreme Court. You can search for obits. from the Bridgeport Post and I think maybe the other paper was the Bridgeport Herald (not sure??). You can also look in old city directories at the library. Maybe they have listings for shoemakers in Bpt. in the applicable years! www.cslib.org is the website for more info. If your death cert. has the funeral home, you can contact them to see what info. they have, also the cemetery could have lot and internment cards with info. Have you checked with the local churches in Bpt.? They may have records as well. I know there are lots of them in Bpt., but maybe particular ones were associated with particular neighborhoods.
http://www.celenzaheritage.com

dedicated to the people of Celenza Valfortore, Province of Foggia
Essgee
Master
Master

Post by Essgee »

You might wish to try and find an obituary or a cemetery record for these folks. You may locate the name of a sibling or a cousin that could help you track the names backward.

Often, if the person reporting the death for the records didn't know the name of the individual's parents, the officials in charge had know way of obtaining that information. But the records of a sibling or cousin might contain the info you need. Ask for other relatives of the same name buried in the same plot with your ancestors. Ask for others with the same surname buried in the same cemetery. Look for other records that might provide the information, like naturalization papers, etc.

This is not a dead end, only an indication that you might have to step on another path to get you where you want to go!

Good Luck.
findtheForesi
Rookie
Rookie

Post by findtheForesi »

Thank You both for your generous thoughts and Ideas with this!

At Some point soon I will get the SS-5 application and share what I can write about here with it. Trusting some great info will be on it!
Its worth the $30.00 or so and I will have another piece of the adventure.

Getting the place of Birth is the main item we are after.
It would be fun to visit the Hartford Library. However, it seems work days are getting longer anymore! One of the issues here is that the most our relatives have passed on. And this is new activity for me.

I am out of Roxbury CT so if anyone could use some local grave stone pics. Let me know. Of course loading them on here has not been the most fun yet!

Best Regards!!
Searching for cugini in Italy! Vitulano, Ciazzo, Ruviano, Casertta, Corridonia Macerata.
Our Family would love to connect with cousins should they be interested. Foresi-Pannone-DiMeo-Esposito
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

in the death certificate, the birthdate is no the same as in WWI draft reg. card, as Vj found http://italiangenealogy.tardio.com/Foru ... =6658.html

http://img139.imageshack.us/img139/7018 ... esiag3.jpg

if your ancestor born in 1877, this could be the ship's manifest:
Giuseppe Foresi Alentano( Valentano town) 1905 28
http://ellisisland.org/search/shipmanif ... 2474050319

suggestions? regards, suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
findtheForesi
Rookie
Rookie

Post by findtheForesi »

Suanj SO glad to hear from you!
And Thank you for the Manifest data!

It puts my handwriting to shame!!

If this is not the correct one I think you may have found a great grandfather of someone else I contacted in Italy recently from the Pugila area! I will have to mention this one!
I do read a lot of the posts here in hopes of adding something intellegent or motivating!!

AJ had her 1920 census post of April 21st 2007 at 8:09 PM
all on target with Moms late sisters and my favorite unc. Lou!

I would not be surprised if the bdate on the death cert is wrong!
Which is why I need to get that SS# ap. info.
At some point it would just be fun to visit the Town when confirmed! Never been to Italy..
I will be off line for a bit but will check in soon!

Again So Greatful for all your assistance with this.

If anyone here is from Italy it would be fun to visit at some point!!
Best Regards and Enjoy your Weekend!
Rich
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Hi rich, thanks for kind words, I hope that you can find more abt your roots.... I believe that the ship's manifest could be correct, because the Foresi nad Pannone surnames really are in Viterbo province( Valentano is in Viterbo province)... good week end, regards, suanj

Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
findtheForesi
Rookie
Rookie

Post by findtheForesi »

Update: Attaching LDS info. from Micro Film # 2369059.
This suggests the Draft Card Listed was our Granddads with Name spelled as Furesi instead of Foresi. And confirms Census documents
Also connects the dots further with Suanj's research! Still looking for Declaration of Intent and a Marriage date.
For some reason Naturalization film with the Cert # is not on the LDS records!
Any suggestions would certainly be welcome!!
findtheForesi
Rookie
Rookie

Foresi of Paotela and Pannone of Ciazzo

Post by findtheForesi »

Has any one heard of Paotela Italy? :roll:

I finally got a Petition for Naturalization and this is where Granddad Giueseppe Foresi said he was born. Birth Date 3-19-1877. Arrived in Ellis Island on Nov 11 1905. His last place of residence did say Valentano and It also verified MariAngela Pannone was born in Caiazzo. I love how it had a pic of him as they both died before I was born! It even said they were married in July of 1906 in Bpt. CT!
Can someone confirm if this could be Paola Italy? As
I would love to get a copy of their birth certificates next! :D
Thanks SO Much
Rich
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

Why the duplicate requests Rich? =Peter
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Rich, I understood not because you mentioned Paotela(???); if Mariangela was born in Caiazzo and Giuseppe in Valentano, what is this Paotela??? Paolella is a diminutive of Paola first name as a well Paolina... Paotela town exist not... with Paotela what you means... ?? suanj

Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

Dear Suanj he also made this request in a separate inquiry which I answered. I told him to check out a Slovenia genealogy expert and furnished an address. I am awaiting Rich's response in the other inquiry. Best regards. =Peter=
findtheForesi
Rookie
Rookie

Post by findtheForesi »

My apologies for the duplicate. A mistake on my part..
But thanks for cleaning it up!
I also sent a copy of Declaration of Intent and Petition for Naturalization to Peter and his associate. I would love to attach them here but my skills for that are a bit limited. I must say my family and I were exited to see these.
Suanj I'd love to send them to you If you'd like. They did state Valentano as Giuseppe’s last residence. However on these docs. a clerk spelled the town where he was born wrong on both pages. Paotela on one page and Pautela on the other! I can understand how this happens.
I expect to get their marriage cert. from the Holy Rosary Church within two weeks. And I am hoping the Parish Priest back in 1906 was able to spell the town correctly for us. I can only wait patiently for that..
Thank you both for all your help here
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

ok I understood... but sure Paotela is wrong.... Giuseppe joining at Nazzareno Tramontano from Latera near Valentano; and Nazzareno by ship's arrival joined at Ettore Farrata coming from Gradoli... all towns in same area... maybe paotela wrong word means some hamleth's name.. but frankly I cannot find it.... However I believe that Valentano is the town... regards, suanj

Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
findtheForesi
Rookie
Rookie

Post by findtheForesi »

Hello Again!
I've had so much wonderful help here! I attached new info. and found yet other surnames to play with!! I am trying to stay with the same tread this time for sanity!
Live relatives today of Giuseppe Farese/Foresi/Forese in CT are using Forese as their last names given all the misspellings over the years!!
Rosary Church of Bpt. CT USA just sent the attached doc. to me when I asked for sacramental data on his marriage to Mariam Angelina Pannone. Looks like the church Latin to me. Their marriage date was 7-14-1907. I am certain my grandmother was from Caiazzo Caserta. However, I have not found any of her cousins yet!

Grandpa Giuseppe has been the bigger challenge for me!! His Petition for naturalization doc. from Dec. 1942 said he was from Paotela and arrived at Ellis Island Nov 11. 1906 and was born on March 19, 1877
But the attached says something about Paojola Macerata and refers to Felice and Mastroianni as other family names! This town is more than likely Paola as Suanj has noted. I could use some clarification of the attachment if anyone can!
Again, Any thoughts, pondering or otherwise would be graciously welcome.
Thank You So Much and Best Regards
Rich