Pasqualena Ragna info

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
vj
Master
Master

Re: Pasqualena Ragna info

Post by vj »

Angelo D’Amato?

Similar information to Laura’s :D 1920 census & WWI Card

possible 1930 census

Home in 1930:

1601 Sewall Ave, owns $5000
Asbury Park, Monmouth, New Jersey

Head Angelo Demato 31, abt 1899 IT
- married age 28
- immig 1913, Al
- plumber
Wife Angelina Demato 22, abt 1908 IT
Son Michael Demato 11/12, abt 1929 NJ
Boarders:
Albert Hodgin 27
William G Hodgin 28
---

From FamilySearchLabs
Name: Angelo Damato
Birth date: 29 Sep 1896
Death date: Apr 1963
Social security number: 142-07-xxxx
Issued: New Jersey
Source of death record: 31
Age at death: 67
Collection: U.S. Social Security Death Index
---

If you think this may be Pasqualina Ragna's son,
you may want to order his Social Security Application SS-5

It should have his father's information

His complete SS# is available here if you don’t already have it:
http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Search/ ... _form=true

About the SS Application:
http://genealogy.about.com/od/online_re ... equest.htm

Order form SSA-711 (can be done online) for $27:
http://www.ssa.gov/foia/html/foia_guide.htm
pink67
Master
Master

Post by pink67 »

Ciao Valarie! :D

Or.... if Mike thinks that this could the right Angelo D'Amato it could be useful give a look at the Mormon's Microfilms about:

Topic Italy, Avellino, Montemiletto - Civil registration

Titles Registri dello stato civile, 1809-1899 Montemiletto (Avellino). Ufficio dello stato civile

Nati 1884-1899 Pubblicazioni 1866-1899 Matrimoni 1866-1899
FHL INTL
Film 1642233

where he can find Angelo's birth act listing also his parent names....

Laura :)
vj
Master
Master

Post by vj »

Hello Laura!
You're right, it's less expensive and Mike will have so much more
information if he rents and views those films.
MIke-z

Post by MIke-z »

I put all my comments in number form to make it easer to respond.

1.Laura that sounds good, how would I go about obtaining that?

2.As for any info about someone in Asbury Park must be relitive the one side of my family has lived there for a long time and my great uncle Angelo Warren((To vj)-must be named after his uncle Angelo D'amato, Pasqualinas son?Seems to happen alot in my family...) Still lives there

3.Asbury isn't that big how many people with the same name could there be who live there.

4.pink67, It should be right how many people with such similarity to my family could of lived in Asbury( a 2mi by 2mi town) I do notice they mess up names way to much in censuses, sometime i have only found a census because 1 persons name was right and the rest fit in because there birth date and the location of where the census takes place. The extra people maybe brown Relatives not brought by Pasqualina, possibly they got enough money to get them into the USA from Italy or whatever.

5. Vj I have seen other peoples family trees on ancestry.com and have sent them all messages that had similar trees as me to understand from where they got their infornmation, most of them don't have both G Brogna and J Brown

6. As for the WW1 Registration no one really knows about that in my family, not really a big thing tho because no one really knows How many children Pasqualina had, who she left behind, and who she has married. Second look at it... Asbury park must be a relative.

7. As for the 1930 census with Theresa, is 100% my great grandmother and Joe is my great grandfather,. My grandfather who lives with me was named after his father (I got all info to get about him already)

/offtopic- also my great uncle on my moms mothers side was on the giants... its always nice to have something really interesting in your family tree other then uncrackable immigration(lol) http://www.nj.com/giants/stats/index.ss ... =Al+Bedner

And I thank everyone for helping me.
pink67
Master
Master

Post by pink67 »

Hi Mike,

just for answer to your 1. question.... I'm italian, living in Italy and I've never been in a Family History Center but I think that Valarie or some other members can explain you how to do...
However here is the link to find your nearest center:

http://www.familysearch.org/eng/library ... et_fhc.asp

here you can see what is a Family History Center:

http://www.familysearch.org/eng/library ... _about.asp

I'm sure you'll find Angelo D'Amato birth act and then with more dates (father and mother names) you'll be able to find also the other members....

Laura :D
vj
Master
Master

Post by vj »

Hi Laura & Mike!

Mike, thanks for the update

To add to Laura’s information on the Family History Center:

A very helpful essay from Trish, one of our forum members
(brujaojos):

Steps for Finding Microfilm at the Family History Center
---

Italian Record Research from the FamilySearch research guides:
Italy Research Outline
---

Three terrific books
to help you find, read & understand your records:

Italian Genealogical Records
How to Use Italian Civil, Ecclesiastical, &
Other Records in Family History Research

By Tafford R Cole
google book link

A Genealogist’s Guide to
Discovering Your Italian Ancestors
How to find and record your unique heritage
By Lynn Nelson
google book link

Finding Italian Roots
By John Philip Colletta, PhD
google book link
MIke-z

Post by MIke-z »

Thx vj, I found a center close to me and I have the info for the Microfilm, thanks to pink67, All I need to do now is learn Italian...(lol)

A side note that last book on page 21 has some really good info on name changes and irregularitys.
MIke-z

Post by MIke-z »

Well i ordered the record pinky told me to, how long does it take to get the the place.
Also i have to say on a side note that the complex was a tad creepy.
maxrende

Post by maxrende »

Theresa Maria D'Amato was my grandmother. I was very close to her and my grandfather Joe Warren in Asbury Park NJ. First Pasquelina Ragna (D'Amato) when she immigrated to the US married a widower Giovantonio Brogna. He went by the name John Brown in the US but he shows up as Ande Brown in one Census and I have no idea why. My mother called them Grandma and Grandpa Brown. It is my understanding that Pasqualina had three children from her first marriage. Angelo Michael, Carmen, and Theresa Maria. She left Angelo (Her oldest) in Italy for unknown reasons. He immigrated later and I met him when I was a boy in the 1960's. The Brogna's in Asbury Park have an extensive genealogy on Theresa Maria. Theresa Maria Warren had five children, Frank, Angelo, Joseph, Margaret and Doris. I am Doris's son. I have a photograph of Pasqualina's first husband but no other information at all. I don't even know his name. any help would be appreciated. I am working on the Warren genealogy.
MIke-z

Post by MIke-z »

Well its crazy how much (or little) changes in 6 years. Anyway I recently got around to looking at the records from Montimeletto Italy and found Pasqualina's first husband, his name was Michael Angelo D'Amato, go figure. I also have his parents names working that out.
markallensmith

Post by markallensmith »

Max,

Is your Brogna family related to the Brogna family in Hoboken? My 2nd great Aunt Rose Damato married a Framilius Brogna on September 22 1907.

Mark
maxrende wrote: 26 Jan 2012, 14:53 Theresa Maria D'Amato was my grandmother. I was very close to her and my grandfather Joe Warren in Asbury Park NJ. First Pasquelina Ragna (D'Amato) when she immigrated to the US married a widower Giovantonio Brogna. He went by the name John Brown in the US but he shows up as Ande Brown in one Census and I have no idea why. My mother called them Grandma and Grandpa Brown. It is my understanding that Pasqualina had three children from her first marriage. Angelo Michael, Carmen, and Theresa Maria. She left Angelo (Her oldest) in Italy for unknown reasons. He immigrated later and I met him when I was a boy in the 1960's. The Brogna's in Asbury Park have an extensive genealogy on Theresa Maria. Theresa Maria Warren had five children, Frank, Angelo, Joseph, Margaret and Doris. I am Doris's son. I have a photograph of Pasqualina's first husband but no other information at all. I don't even know his name. any help would be appreciated. I am working on the Warren genealogy.
eyeamme

Re: Montemiletto, Avellino, Campania, Italy info

Post by eyeamme »

Hi I know this post is over 12 years old but I am the great granddaughter of Giovanna (Jennie) Teresa Brogna who's sister was Olimpia (Lena) Brogna. My family originated from Montemiletto, Avellino, Campania, Italy and immigrated to Asbury Park New Jersey / and upstate New York. Dutchess and Ulster county. I am on ancestry.com as well. I would love to share family trees and information. I have faith you will receive this message.