Hello

General Non-Genealogy Discussions.
Ask questions, chat and talk about anything.
Marisa6
Elite
Elite

Hello

Post by Marisa6 »

Hmm - I hope you are still speaking to me. Its been a while since I've been around. Its been a rather rough year, and I was computerless for six months of it. I've been watching you all from a distance for the last wee while but thought you would all be cross with me. Then tonight - like a large sign from above - I have a look and see someone who is descended from my gg grandmother's older sister - right at the top of the list. So here I am and I hope you forgive me my absence.

Hope you are all keeping well

Marisa xx
Visocchi, Forte, Marcantonio, Iannetta
elba
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Hello

Post by elba »

Hey girl, nice to see you back. I wondered what had happened to you.

Great news about your gg grandmother's older sister - wow!
If you think education is expensive - try ignorance!
"Gente di Mare Genealogy"
Marisa6
Elite
Elite

Post by Marisa6 »

Hi Elba

Its really nice to hear from you. How are you keeping? Every so often I think about naughty Nina and chuckle. Did you ever get to the bottom of that? I see Nuccia is a moderator. I had better mind my manners!

I was over in Bologna and Verona at the beginning of the summer and I thought about you just a bit to the north. I bet the temperature was a bit more pleasant up there. It was seriously hot - and I am at an age now where bits of me swell up in the heat. Not a pretty sight!

Marisa xx
elba
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by elba »

Yes I found 'Nina'. Born in Cairo, Egypt, she died in 1949 after two marriages and at least one lover! Found a load of 'family' too, who don't want to know!!!
If you think education is expensive - try ignorance!
"Gente di Mare Genealogy"
Marisa6
Elite
Elite

Post by Marisa6 »

Cairo - wow. That must have taken a bit of finding! Its a pity the other family members didn't want to know. Their loss. Ah well - its the colourful ones that are the most interesting. My grandmother still refuses point blank to believe in the existance of her great uncle who was sentenced to death for murder. I would love to know what happened to him after he legged it to Belgium. I expect I'll never find out.
nuccia
Staff
Staff

Post by nuccia »

Hi Marisa! Long time no see... How are you?
nuccia - IG Moderator
Italian Surname Database
Marisa6
Elite
Elite

Post by Marisa6 »

Hi Nuccia

I'm still gripping onto sanity about as much as I ever was! :lol: Its been a rather full-on year between parents and children. They don't call us the sandwich generation for nothing! We have had two deaths, one stroke, one heart attack, a cancer scare, a big job change, legal issues and son#2 has contrived to pick up another couple of medical conditions and an autism diagnosis (asperger's) - just for starters. Family history has rather taken a back seat for a bit. However - both wee monkeys are back at school now (Cam has just started high school) and I find myself with some wonderful, quiet time to myself! My house has been scrubbed from top to bottom, everything has been washed and I have started drifting back to my computer.

Ah well - I'm meeting some friends for coffee in half an hour. I'd better go and put my face on. I wouldn't like to frighten any small children at the garden centre :twisted: Its not even halloween yet!

Marisa xx
wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Post by wldspirit »

Welcome back...... :D
Sounds like a rough year, been there done that myself as the younger generation says!!

A shame you didn't live closer, my house is in need of a good scrubbing
from top to bottom... :wink:

Lee

"Cambiano i suonatori ma la musica è sempre quella."
nuccia
Staff
Staff

Post by nuccia »

Jesus Marisa..

Its sounds like you have had it rough. Then again, as Lee says, we have been there, too. Email us..we can swap horror stories!

Now I need to get to cleaning my place... :(
nuccia - IG Moderator
Italian Surname Database
Marisa6
Elite
Elite

Post by Marisa6 »

Hi Lee

I think character forming is the expression for it. I've told Cam if he develops one more thing he is being put up for adoption! :wink: Oooh I'm a nasty mother!

I'm quite happy to jump on a plane under the guise of coming to do some cleaning!

Marisa xx
Marisa6
Elite
Elite

Post by Marisa6 »

Hi Nuccia

Wine and chocolate are my salvation! You should see the size of what I'm sitting on. Good excuse to buy a whole new wardrobe.

I remember reading some astrology mumbo jumbo somewhere one time that said every twelve years you have a run of trouble. Hmm - it actually sounds about right. I'm expecting twelve years of absolute calm now (yeah right!) Ah well - life would be very dull without a bit of upheaval every so often. I'm still grinning - albeit maybe a bit manically...

Marisa xx
wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Post by wldspirit »

Wine and chocolate are my salvation! You should see the size of what I'm sitting on. Good excuse to buy a whole new wardrobe.
Mine has been bread pudding.... :P
For the first time in 28 years I have finally moved out of the little girls
clothing department into the junior department!!!!!! Woo-Hoo!!!!

I say we all meet in New York and forget the cleaning!!!
We'll have our own "Genealogy Conference".....at least that's what we can tell the hubbies, sounds much better than a "girls night out"....... :wink:

Lee

PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

Can I come? =Peter=
wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Post by wldspirit »

Who better to be our tour guide than you!!!!
Sounds like a plan to me!!!!!
Lee

Marisa6
Elite
Elite

Post by Marisa6 »

Oh yes - this sounds good! Remember that virtual bar we used to have?

Hi Peter - I am very pleased to meet you. I have seen lots of your posts around Italian genealogy sites and they have been very useful to me over the years. So thanks. Some of my best leads have come from your suggestions. Great name by the way - my father-in-law, husband and elder son are all called Peter!

Lee - if you have gone from little girls to junior - I have gone from large to reinforced and armour-plated! :D

Marisa xx