Oliveto Family

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
patfan1

Oliveto Family

Post by patfan1 »

My father immigrated as a baby to the US from Avigliano, Potenza, in 1901. I believe the surname was Oliveto. I can't seem to find anyone with that name in Avigliano today. Any help would be appreciated.
Bill Lovett
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Re: Oliveto Family

Post by PeterTimber »

Avigliano Postale 85021 in Potenza province, Basilicata region has civil records available to the public on microlm at your nearest Mormon famil history library (www.familysearch.org under ancestor search) whichdate from 1809 to 1910 and will cost about $5.00 to rent.

There are 105 Oliveto surnamed persons in the entire province of Potenza and if you go to www.paginebianche.it and insert oliveto in the first line ad PZ in the second line for the entire province and 105 will show up in fukll name,address and telephone numbers. Since the postal code for Avigliano is 85021 there amy be relatives in nearby comunes whose codes are close to 85021 and whose first names rings bell for your family. You may also wish to write to Avigliano for documents if you so wish. Pl;ease let us know what you want to do. =Peter=
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

Go to www.nonsolocap.it and select Potenza under basilicata and when the page comes up click CAP inthe left hand column which will give you all the towns and villages in the provinces with their respective zip codes.=Peter=
misbris
Master
Master

Post by misbris »

patfan1

Post by patfan1 »

Misbris,
Thanks for the manifest info. My dad was the 2 year old.
Bill
misbris
Master
Master

Post by misbris »

You are very welcome. :D

Do you have all the US documentation you need?

The rest of the family may have moved to a larger city in Italy for work. This link will give you some idea of what towns they might have moved to (or where they were originally from.)

http://italia.indettaglio.it/eng/cognomi/cognomi.html
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

I found a Vin ent Oliveto for you in Avigliano who owns a coffee bar in Avigliano.

Go to www.mangeruca.com and write a potential relative form letter in Italian to him at:
Bar Gema SNC
Vincenzo Oliveto
Comune di Avigliano 85021 (PZ)
Basilicata region, Italy

I hope he responds and is a relative.Please keep me in the loop. =Peter=